Controversial opinions on metal

If this is love, HBB is a femdom.

If you think the world is too small to love the best Maiden/Priest albums and one Omen album, you should leave your cuckshed.

Battle Cry is a ~95th percentile album for me, but it still doesn't touch classic Maiden or Priest.

That's not what I said pussyboy. I was talking about the 7th best bit.

Out of curiosity, which for you are the 7th best Iron Maiden and Judas Priest albums that you begrudgingly put Battle Cry slightly above?

That's not what I said pussyboy. I was talking about the 7th best bit.

Out of curiosity, which for you are the 7th best Iron Maiden and Judas Priest albums that you begrudgingly put Battle Cry slightly above?

Only a fart-eating femdom-loving backwoods hick like yourself would take masochistic delight in being ranked on par with the 7th best albums of metal's greatest. Anyone else would realize that it's genuine high praise.

Either Somewhere in Time or No Prayer for the Dying for the former (usually I put NPFTD over SIT but for some reason this comparison is making me reconsider). For Priest it would be between British Steel and Point of Entry.

Somewhere in Time has the greatest highs of any of them but it drags a bit on the whole and is more moody for me. No Prayer for the Dying is raucous fun in a different way from Battle Cry, with lower lows but I'd still put Mother Russia above any Omen song. British Steel also has lower lows than Battle Cry, but the highs are a mix of perfect anthems and underrated gems, and overall covers a lot of purposeful ground with spartan songwriting in a way most bands could only dream of. Point of Entry is just plain great yacht metal, fuck the haters.

How many petrol fumes does it take to put Somewhere in Time over the first five?

That's because you're a pretentious hipster.

Somewhere in Time has always been the in-crowd's preferred Maiden album, both on this forum and elsewhere. It's an underdog but clearly inferior to the first five.

British Steel is an amazing album, one of the most definitive metal albums in existence. To not be able to admit that is sad.

British Steel is an amazing album, one of the most definitive metal albums in existence. To not be able to admit that is sad.

I can agree with this while also preferring Battle Cry you muppet.

Somewhere in Time has always been the in-crowd's preferred Maiden album, both on this forum and elsewhere. It's an underdog but clearly inferior to the first five.

For me it's around their 3rd best.

So you admit British Steel is amazing yet you still can't understand how some might prefer it to Battle Cry?

Omni throwing her lot in with HBB against Omen's Battle Cry. :puke:

HBB loves Battle Cry as far as I know.

I enjoyed his post and I agree that there are multiple albums by Judas Priest and Iron Maiden that are better than Battle Cry. I don't know that I'd say that either band has seven albums better than it though, and I also think that it's one of the more perfect USPM albums.

It's also vastly inferior to the three albums succeeding it and inferior to Screaming, Defenders and Painkiller.

You mean the three albums preceding it? Your post reads pretty redundantly if not.

Thanks, @HamburgerBoy. You are a valued and respected member of Ultimate Metal who consistently defends against blatant poseurism.
regal-kisses-ass-o.gif

Pretty much this. Battle Cry is better than every Maiden album except for the debut and its better than every Priest album. "Good albums" are not the strong points for either of those two bands since just about every one of their works is littered with fillers.

British Steel is amazing yet you still can't understand how some might prefer it to Battle Cry?
I honestly cant. British Steel is a fucking borefest while the latter is true greatness. You're just a casual pleb is all

Last edited: