Controversial opinions on metal

Never said Bolt Thrower was bad, just that FaFtS is better than anything BT has done. Bolt Thrower is obviously the better band overall.

I’ll probably get lynched for this, but Bolt Thrower seem to be a bit overrated on this forum. They’re a consistently good band, which is rare in death metal but I rarely find them to be top tier outside Realm of Chaos. Even then, I wouldn’t have that in my top 20 for death metal.

you need to be more subtle about being my alt or they'll be onto us

Reactions: Omni
Bitch please, you’re too much of an UAFM whore.

I also can’t work out your taste in death metal. Praising Krisiun while shitting on most SweDeath.

I do need to listen to newer Bolt Thrower more, I just never get the urge.

Reactions: Omni
well it makes no sense for someone with your tastes not to like krisiun, they're very ANUSy imo. i figure they just get overlooked by OSDM people 'cause they're popular.

that whole bouncy groovy sterile-sounding sunlight studios schtick doesn't do it for me, but to say i shit on most swedeath is a stretch - i just find a few prominent albums pretty overrated is all. off the top of my head, albums by ATG, necrophobic, gorement, merciless, eucharist, crown of thorns, seance etc would make a shortlist of my DM favourites.

Reactions: Phylactery
Yeah shitting on was on overstatement. And while I’m not the biggest champion of Like an Everflowing Stream I remember you saying you preferred Clandestine and that’s just not okay :p.

I don’t dislike Krisiun, but something like Conquerers Of Armageddon isn’t something I ever want to listen to either. I tend to favour death metal that’s emotionally charged or has a filthy atmosphere and this has neither of those qualities. It’s quite dry and more focused on hammering you with the drumming and riffs. The vocals don’t help either, being pretty monotonous and lacking in character. It’s clearly not horrible since I obviously like the basic sound of death metal, but not something I find to be very engaging.

I can't remember if I've even heard Possessed in full before, but I'm listening to Mystique on YouTube right now and this is already the coolest thing I've ever heard from Venom. Need to give the album a fair chance.

Reactions: CiG
Sound of Perseverance was Death's best album [even though the rest are great too]
Carolus Rex is an amazing album
Hammerheart is the best bathory album, Bathory EP > Under The Sign of the Black Mark
Battle Cry by Omen beats any Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motorhead or Saxon album.
Walls of Jericho > Keeper of the Seven Keys I&II

Hammerheart is the best bathory album

For me it's between that and Blood on Ice.

Bathory EP > Under The Sign of the Black Mark

Bathory EP? What's that?

Battle Cry by Omen beats any Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motorhead or Saxon album.

Agreed. Though only by a hair.

Walls of Jericho > Keeper of the Seven Keys I&II

Keeper of the Seven Keys > Walls of Jericho = Helloween EP > Keeper of the Seven Keys II

I like how he was clearly trying to be super edgy and he couldn't even do that properly even though that Sabaton album is fucking gay.