Controversial opinions on metal

I like how he was clearly trying to be super edgy and he couldn't even do that properly even though that Sabaton album is fucking gay.
Well the topic could be considered "edgy", I'm just adding my opinions.

So you admit British Steel is amazing yet you still can't understand how some might prefer it to Battle Cry?
British Steel is like an 8, Screaming for Vengeance is like a 9. Battle Cry is a 10. Sorry.

Bathory EP? What's that?
My bad I meant the self titled Bathory album.

how one doesn't get bored of battle cry by spin 30 blows my mind. very surprised a good album gets that kind of attention

Battle Cry is better than anything by Manilla Road. :whistle:

Cirith Ungol is also better than Manilla Road. I wonder how controversial that is around here.

It's also vastly inferior to the three albums preceding it and inferior to Screaming, Defenders and Painkiller.

Hell Bent is definitely weaker than British Steel. Both are Priest at their most simplistic, but Hell Bent's only advantage is Les Binks. Take on the World is no better than United (easily British Steel's weakest link) and as far as the metallic fillers go, Steeler is still better than Running Wild. Leather's poppier material like Rock Forever sounds pretty hokey compared to something like Living After Midnight as well. And nothing on the album can beat The Rage.

Defenders' B-side is the second weakest side in the entire pre-Jugulator Priest discography, better than only Ram it Down's B-side.

Pretty much this. Battle Cry is better than every Maiden album except for the debut and its better than every Priest album. "Good albums" are not the strong points for either of those two bands since just about every one of their works is littered with fillers.

I honestly cant. British Steel is a fucking borefest while the latter is true greatness. You're just a casual pleb is all

At least a third of Battle Cry is pretty redundant. The "fillers" are still pretty damn good, but Maiden's least inspired moments of the first half of the 80s are still better than 90% of most metal.

how one doesn't get bored of battle cry by spin 30 blows my mind. very surprised a good album gets that kind of attention

Spin 30 is probably about right. I still listen to it once or twice a year but only three to five songs still give me chills of glory, the rest is just dependable speed/USPM. TechBarb probably hasn't listened to the album very much.