Controversial opinions on metal

Messugah the Voice alone ruins it for me and the instrumentals are kind of weak

Heres a controversial statement the best Death Metal band ever is Vader

It's impossible to define a best band in genre, but yeah, Vader could be one of my favourite 90's death metal bands too.

EDIT: Let's say - european -.

Maybe they bring nothing new, but they've released few great cd's in middle 90's which can't be denied.

Then stop being ignorant to Ultimate incantation, Profundis or Black to the blind especially. How could you call Vader generic with Graveland in your avatar. Tell me.

I thought you were drunk, you were breaking the multiple posts record in the other thread.

I somehow can't get into Graveland.

Fuck you kids, DEI is a kickass album.

Meshuggah is awesome and you're all faggots

Just before I hear my first Meshuggah song, I was given as much hype as could be possible about how creative and unique they were, and then I heard it...and that was probably the biggest 'That was it?' feeling I've ever had.

I felt the same when I first heard Meshuggah (Chaosphere, so the first song would've been Concatenation) it even took many spins before I could even appreciate the band in the slightest. I don't understand how they can be so popular when they're so inaccessible... Or maybe it's just me?

Hardly the greatest band ever, but... A damn good band.

Meshuggah is absolute garbage. Occasionally pounding on the lowest strings with basic power chords (CHUG CHUG-CHUG CHUG CHUG-CHUG-CHUG CHUG CHUG-CHUG...) is an extremely transparent attempt at using odd time signatures when you lack the rhythmic feel, talent, or technique to play them properly, and not "technical" at all. The drums sound like a machine in the worst possible way. They and Mastodon can burn in groove metal hell together.

"Hey, look at me play this stupid fucking power chord over and over! I AM A GUITAR GOD!"

Thank you. It's depressing how many people actually think they're creative.
Okay, WW is over-simplifying it - technically, they're very good and all. That said, they are fucking boring. I don't see anything creative about playing absurdly technical atonal riffs .

allow me to retort by misquoting onder
:lol: