Controversial opinions on metal

allow me to retort by misquoting onder

To answer the question, it's probably because, in contradistinction to Meshuggah, Graveland has quite consistently employed the concept of utilizing more than two notes in a song.

On another note, you're a tremendous faggot.

Vader are good, solid death metal. They don't bore me. They are pretty much the originators of the Polish death metal sound. I consider their best work to be on par with early Morbid Angel. I remember when they first put out their debut album, people were saying they were Morbid Angel clones. This is NOT the case IMO. Sure, there is some obvious Morbid Angel influence in their sound, but they are surely not Morbid Angel clones.

To answer the question, it's probably because, in contradistinction to Meshuggah, Graveland has quite consistently employed the concept of utilizing more than two notes in a song.

On another note, you're a tremendous faggot.

I'd get mad or whatever, but you're named after an Absu release, so you're probably alright (also you used "contradistinction" in a sentence). Graveland are reeeeally tiresome, though.

I'd get mad or whatever, but you're named after an Absu release, so you're probably alright (also you used "contradistinction" in a sentence). Graveland are reeeeally tiresome, though.

Well, since you appreciate Absu I'm going to have to modify my previous statement and simply say that you are kind of a faggot.

I haven't invested a large amount of time into listening to Graveland, but I can definitely say that I hate Meshuggah.

Our tastes are clearly divergent.

I sorta figured most people appreciated Absu, though. Pro can drum.

I haven't invested a large amount of time into listening to Graveland, but I can definitely say that I hate Meshuggah.

This is my take on it. I heard a little Graveland and it sounded interesting. People have recommended them to me when I said I liked Bathory, so I'll probably look into them further.

My controversial opinion for today is that the vocals on Demigod are some of the best extreme metal vocals ever.

My controversial opinion for today is that the vocals on Demigod are some of the best extreme metal vocals ever.

They'd be amazing if Nergal could actually sound like that without layering his voice nineteen times over. I wish he could bring back his growls from the first two albums.

Well, I mean, I like the layered vocals. It sounds less like some emaciated Polish dude growling and more like a fucking demigod unleashing his wrath upon the pathetic nazarene.

Well, I mean, I like the layered vocals. It sounds less like some emaciated Polish dude growling and more like a fucking demigod unleashing his wrath upon the pathetic nazarene.
I liked the vocals on Demigod; but I like being able to hear Nergal, as opposed to a bunch of vocal layerings, even more. :p

I prefer Demigod musically, but in terms of mixing, The Apostasy wins.

Satanica is probably their best album I found only Zos Kias Cultus to be the weakest followed by Apotasy but I'd say Apotasy>Zos Kias Cultus, sorry if names are wrong.

I liked the vocals on Demigod; but I like being able to hear Nergal, as opposed to a bunch of vocal layerings, even more. :p

I prefer Demigod musically, but in terms of mixing, The Apostasy wins.

I thought the vocals were perfectly comprehensible, and he has a pretty indifferent growl, so I like the layered effect.

I thought the vocals were perfectly comprehensible, and he has a pretty indifferent growl, so I like the layered effect.

Well yeah, I can understand what he's saying, but I guess my only gripe is that I have a hard time telling which is the base vocal recording, and which is just a vocal layering. It's just a tangled, inseperable mess.

That being said, I like the vocals, I would just prefer the vocals used on the album before or after.

Behemoth is basically the meaning of boring, modern metal that lacks anything interesting, in my eyes that is. I am not saying people who listen them lack a decent musical taste but I just don't see what makes them so good. They seem so shallow, they just do everything really big and in a large scale to make it sound way too over-the-top.

If you can't appreciate something like Conquer All then I have no desire to associate with you.

But their older black metal stuff is radically different in style.