Controversial opinions on metal

More praise for A Blaze in the Northern Sky from me! The whole album is crushing, but I especially love the closing parts of Paragon Belial. I will definitely be giving this record a spin tonight.

Wtf, The Quest for Tanelorn is easily the worst song on the album. x) Try Theatre of Pain, Time What is Time or Somewhere Far Beyond. Pretty much top 3 BG songs ever there.

Edit: Random controversial opinion (I think atleast, maybe it isn't): Die Healing = the best Saint Vitus album.

RUUUUN, FOR THE NIGHT,
FAR AWAY!
-awesomeguitarness-

ASHES TO ASHES, DUST TO DUST!

BUT AT LAST HE'S ALMOST A RUINED MAN, NOT A KING OR GOD,
WHOS SEARCHING FOR THIS PLACE CALLED TANELORN!

Let's sing the bards song.

Blind Guardian is so full of awesome it hurts me inside. I got a Blind Guardian - Valhalla shirt.

Wtf, The Quest for Tanelorn is easily the worst song on the album. x) Try Theatre of Pain, Time What is Time or Somewhere Far Beyond. Pretty much top 3 BG songs ever there

I see absolutely nothing special about those songs. The Quest for Tanelorn works because it's catchy like power metal should be, and early BG works because it's thrashy. In a good way.

Nightfall in Middle-Earth is a terrible album.
Hammers of Misfortune - The Bastard is the best concept album ever created

It's still a great song, goddamnit!

Best blind guardian chorus =
BRRIIIIIIGHHHT EEYYESS
BLIIINDED BY FEAR OOOF LIGHT!

or maybe

AAANOOOOTHER HOOOLLY WAAR! ANOTHER HOLY WAR AAANOOOOOTHER HOOLLLY WAAAR ANOTHER HOLY WAR! ANOTHER CRUCIFIXION! FOR ANOOTHER HOOOLLY WAAAR!

or perhaps

WE ARE FOLLOWING THE WILL OF THE ONE
THROUGH THE DARK AGE AND INTO THE STORM

or

MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL, TRUE HOPE LIES BEYOND THE COAST, YOU'RE A DAMNED KIND CAN'T YOU SEE, THAT TOMORROW BEARS INSANITY

fuck. Can't decide. too many awesome choruses.

Live is my favorite from them. Their best stuff, played perfectly, with a fantastic crowd. Amazing.

Yes it fucking is. Their choruses own so much face.

BOOORN IIN A MOOORNING HALLL!!

I also really love Mordred's Song.
TUURN OUT THE LIIGHT....AND MURDER THE DAWN!

Nightfall in Middle-Earth is a terrible album.

It's a less than decent album with some awesome songs:

Nightfall
Mirror, Mirror
Time Stands Still
When Sorrow Sang

...in my opinion.

Nightfall in Middle Earth IS bad, but not even remotely close to being as fucking abysmal as A Night at the Opera is.

Now this I just disagree with. Epic fucking album. Cheesy as hell, but epic.

Now that i come to think of it,not a single song from "Somewhere Far Beyond" is on the "Live" album. That´s kinda strange since it´s one of their biggest fanfavorites.
"Live" is a brilliant live record though,they are boring to look at live but the songs are played as good as ever.

Yes there is, the songs "Journey Through the Dark", and "The Bard Songs - In the Forest" is included in the Live album.

It's a less than decent album with some awesome songs:

Nightfall
Mirror, Mirror
Time Stands Still
When Sorrow Sang

...in my opinion.
Heh, never understood the hype of Nightfall and especially Mirror, Mirror. It was voted their best song ever a couple of years ago on their site. I never thought it was any special. The great songs on NIME are imo The Curse of Fëanor, Noldor (Dead Winter Reigns), and ofcouse Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill).

When Sorrow Sang is my favorite song on the album. I forgot about The Curse of Feanor. That's a killer track.

I like Mirror, Mirror, but there's really not much special about it. It's just a catchy song.