Controversial opinions on metal

Dude. No way. The only thing DT released that came close to being as good as If The Light Takes Us was Soulside. Actually, the only thing DT released that was very good at all was Soulside. Should have stuck with DM.
I know I don't like giving this typical response, but your an idiot.

And this is coming from me.

The only Darkthrone that comes close to Burzum is Transilvanian Hunger, which in my opinion is on par with the least of Burzum's metal albums (self-titled). Relative to the rest of Black Metal that's still at the very top, but Burzum is perceivably superior.

Darkthrone were much better when they played death metal and they through their musicianship right down the drain. F.O.A.D is actually interesting in terms of their black metal albums though.

1. hvis lyset tar oss
2. soulside journey
3. under a funeral moon
4. filosofem
5. transilvanian hunger

basically burzum wins because of HLTO's superiority, but that's in no way an insult toward darkthrone

show no mercy, hell awaits and reign in blood are all absolutely fucking immense and everyone should stop comparing them because none of those albums deserve to be belittled in any way

Not really, what is "homogeneous"? And I don't really grasp what a suite is in this situation.

:erk:
I see the root of the problem.
Allow me to direct you to dictionary.com

I know I don't like giving this typical response, but your an idiot.

And this is coming from me.
Actually, he's kinda right. Their DM stuff was superior. Some of the black metal is good, definitely, but nothing I've heard beats Soulside. Although I don't have Transilvanian, which nullifies my opinion a bit. I've heard stuff off it, though.

The only thing that could make it even remotely terrible are the filler tracks, but those make up the entire story. I think it could have used some more songs and it would have been much better. It's still a great album and you're a faggot if you think otherwise