Controversial opinions on metal

Nightfall in Middle Earth IS bad, but not even remotely close to being as fucking abysmal as A Night at the Opera is.

1. hvis lyset tar oss
2. soulside journey
3. under a funeral moon
4. filosofem
5. transilvanian hunger

basically burzum wins because of HLTO's superiority, but that's in no way an insult toward darkthrone

This incessant need to rank masterpieces such as these is an insult to the art itself. "Transilvanian Hunger" and "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" are both perfect manifestations of their respective artists' vision, and are in no way subject to the same criticisms and should thus not be ranked in this context.

Besides, wilfully neglecting to mention "A Blaze in the Northern Sky" belies all your plays at authority, for in 1992, NOTHING was more black FUCKING metal than the title track. Nothing.

Nightfall in Middle-Earth is a terrible album.

I think it´s a good album but very overrated. Those who say it´s their best can bite my ass,even though it´s good it´s got nothing against classics such as Somewhere Far Beyond and especially Imaginations From The Other Side.

To continue on the Blind Guardian track,i think A Night At The Opera is one of Blind Guardians best albums,far superior to A Twist In The Myth.

Besides, wilfully neglecting to mention "A Blaze in the Northern Sky" belies all your plays at authority, for in 1992, NOTHING was more black FUCKING metal than the title track. Nothing.

I would actually rank A Blaze in the Northern Sky and Transilvanian Hunger higher than Under a Funeral Moon in terms of importance and enduring influence. Furthermore, though Filosofem rules, I can't see why one would rank that higher than TH. GoD is just a fuckin' weirdo I guess.

After reading this I had to go listen to that track. It rules so fucking hard. To not have been 4 years old when this kind of stuff was being released would have been great.

"In the shadow of the horns!"

Darkthrone made some damn cool DM influenced stuff : (

Also, I personally like Nattens a lot more than TH.

I think it´s a good album but very overrated. Those who say it´s their best can bite my ass,even though it´s good it´s got nothing against classics such as Somewhere Far Beyond and especially Imaginations From The Other Side.
I think Imaginations From the Other Side is the overrated one. Somewhere Far Beyond is way superior imo. But Nightfall is also pretty overrated, I agree about that.
VALHALLA
DELIVERANCE
WHY'VE YOU EVER FORGOTTEN ME?!
Lol wrong album.