Controversial opinions on metal

Nexcroticism has plenty of great riffs, but the songs are too long. The flow is rather poor too, the blasting sections are bland and it's just too clinical. A solid album though.I like the crunchy sound.

necroticism is sooooooo much more unpredictable and exciting and creative than heartwork god i hate you people sometimes

not sure it's my fave carcass though, there's not much between the first 3.

TRITSIO is not fellated enough btw.

necroticism is sooooooo much more unpredictable and exciting and creative than heartwork god i hate you people sometimes

To be fair I don't think Heartwork is anything special either. Carcass is pretty overrated, very innovative and inspirational though. Weirdly I like the bands that rip them off and decided to specialize more in one brand of Carcass-style-sound than Carcass' first seminal works. :erk:

To be fair I don't think Heartwork is anything special either. Carcass is pretty overrated, very innovative and inspirational though. Weirdly I like the bands that rip them off and decided to specialize more in one brand of Carcass-style-sound than Carcass' first seminal works. :erk:

I'm inclined to agree with this, though I do think Symphonies is better than most of the Carcass/Carcass worship album I've heard.

This. Thank you.

Rumpole said:
Necroticism is a brilliant album, it has fantastic twisted riffs and atmosphere. Seeing those songs performed live gives them a whole other dimension.

Totally agree with this even though when I saw them, I was pretty much flipping out the whole time because I was watching one of my favorite bands and finally getting to hear all their best in the live setting. :oops:

It's one of the best metal albums of all time, so not really.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. It's definitely top 50, probably top 25, but that still doesn't justify the level of praise it receives on this forum.

Incarnate Solvent Abuse and Corporeal Jigsore Quandry are the reasons I like Necroticism over Heartwork. That said I could listen to either album all the way through without getting bored.