Controversial opinions on metal

Diane? Thats not my name...

For the record, I agree with you on the pig squeal dealy; they're cool, when done right. But the last two just made me double facepalm.

As for a controversial opinion of my own; Matt McGachy is the most competent vocalist Cryptopsy ever had. He just needs to cut out his fucking stage banter during songs.

I think the band Death is overrated.

I think most black metal sucks

Being Death one of the first death metal bands, coming from the thrash/death style till the very progressive death style, taking elements from any style and doing them own, releasing real groundbreaking material (I remember what did Human to the death metal on those years and very few albums had that kind of effect)...just think about it.

Black metal for sure will grow on you when you'll listen it carefully.

It is the most talked about, and probably most respected genre on this forum, though. If you don't like Black Metal, you're bound to get flamed early and often.

Walk into any of the myriad threads not concerned with Black Metal and discuss other genres as much as you please. You only feel pressured or threatened because you brought up the topic of Black Metal yourself. That's retroactive to trying to avoid this so-called pervasive peer pressure toward liking the genre.

Walk into any of the myriad threads not concerned with Black Metal and discuss other genres as much as you please. You only feel pressured or threatened because you brought up the topic of Black Metal yourself. That's retroactive to trying to avoid this so-called pervasive peer pressure toward liking the genre.

:lol:
Dude, calm down. I'm not complaining, as I said... I like the stuff now. If anything, I'm glad for it, otherwise I would have missed out on a lot of great music just because I didn't like a few songs initially.

I originally did not like Black Metal when signing up getting shit and still do not really like it as a genre. I like some specific albums rarely listening to them and tried getting into the genre and it's just not my thing. I also think black metal fans are really ignorant towards music and also think their taste in music is so much better than others(besides thinking they're better). I'd rather dissociate myself from the genre personally.

I originally did not like Black Metal when signing up getting shit and still do not really like it as a genre. I like some specific albums rarely listening to them and tried getting into the genre and it's just not my thing. I also think black metal fans are really ignorant towards music and also think their taste in music is so much better than others(besides thinking they're better). I'd rather dissociate myself from the genre personally.

Yup. Never understood the attraction myself. I dont mind Dragonlord and some Dimmu... most of it is unlistenable. BUT - I appreciate some people like it, just don't see why it completely dominates this forum... BLack metal fans = shutins? :p