Controversial opinions on metal

Isn't that pretty much analogous to "black metal vs. death metal"? Seems like people's preferences could easily be divided the same way along those lines.

Well if we want to compare everything to a symphony production, then nearly all forms of modern music are going to come up short. Not really a very good arguement. Soilwork is lightyears ahead of nearly everything on the radio, not that that is saying much, but they are hardly a band to mention as an example of simple music tastes.

I think basically what he's saying is that Soilwork is a homogeneous suite.

I know this is kinda random, but you've got to be one of the biggest assholes I've ever witnessed here. Seems like whenever you get insulted, you have to retaliate by making fun of the most sensitive possible personal details you know about the person. Seriously, get some standards.

He's German.

You apparently think that St. Anger is a really good album, so intelligence and musical skill can't be really high on your list anyway, Dakryn.

You apparently think that St. Anger is a really good album, so intelligence and musical skill can't be really high on your list anyway, Dakryn.

I enjoy listening to it yes, and appreciate it for being original. The fact that it is generally disliked by everyone (Ozzman being an exception) is the only reason I ever mention it though, as I feel the hate is imbalanced compared to the object. I never defended it on an intelligent/skill level though.

How exactly is it original? It's just little bits of their old thrash sound mixed in with cliché elements of modern rock and "metal" that's popular on the radio nowadays.

You also called it one of their best albums, which was pretty funny even though I think you were being serious, but maybe that's why it was so funny to me.

How exactly is it original? It's just little bits of their old thrash sound mixed in with cliché elements of modern rock and "metal" that's popular on the radio nowadays.

You also called it one of their best albums, which was pretty funny even though I think you were being serious, but maybe that's why it was so funny to me.

I won't get into defending my views on Metallica since the vocal majority of this board doesn't care for Metallica in general anyway.

I guess you can say any music has atmosphere to some extent. 50 Cent and Kanye West also have a carefree and fun atmosphere to their music.

ORLY

Excerpt from 50 Cent's "I'll Still Kill":

Where Im from death is always in the air homie
Nanna love me so you know she say my prayers for me
I got creepin' through the hood wearin' teflon
Hit the corners mother fuckers get left on
Niggas know If not they better check my background
Try and stick me, Ill fill your back with mac rounds

and metal is supposed to be evil :rolleyes:

I know this is kinda random, but you've got to be one of the biggest assholes I've ever witnessed here. Seems like whenever you get insulted, you have to retaliate by making fun of the most sensitive possible personal details you know about the person. Seriously, get some standards.
Fair enough. I tend to always retaliate to every attack, and overreact when I do. It's gotten me in trouble before in real life.

Does that translate to: you ran your mouth and got your ass beat?
Not quite. Some guy insulted me, so I insulted him back saying his mom was a whore. Then he pushed me, and I hit him so hard he lost vision in his left eye. He tried to sue me (hence the almost getting in trouble part), but it didn't hold up since he initiated contact and was 6'5, three inches taller than me.