Controversial opinions on metal

I haven't and I'm not going to bother because I really don't give a damn about this band. I don't listen to death metal too much these days but I'm sure there are way better bands in the genre.

As far as Death vs Morbid Angel goes: it's a given that both of their earlier works are great. But which one do you think shit the bed worse later in their career? I would have to say Death. I like later Morbid Angel better than later Death. Even just going by the last release of each band. Heretic >>> TSoP
Morbid Angel just kept on doing just about the same old shit, while Death went above and beyond. Maybe it goes over your head, but that's not Chuck's fault.

Antithesis was a lame album iirc

I don't like Origin, but Echoes is a much better release for my money

Morbid Angel just kept on doing just about the same old shit, while Death went above and beyond. Maybe it goes over your head, but that's not Chuck's fault.

Maybe Chuck went above and beyond normal wankery levels, but not in real musical quality.

Then again, later Morbid Angel also sounds pretty boring based on the few songs I've heard. ;)

Maybe Chuck went above and beyond normal wankery levels, but not in real musical quality.

Replace Chuck with Alf and Death with the At the Gates and you get my opinion on TRiTSIO.;)

It has little to do with real musical quality,(and what does "real" mean in this context anyway?) but more with the fact that TSOP wasn't released during death metal's formative years.

Latter day Death is solidly alright, arguably even a little "better" than latter day MA (although I think Gateways is a much more fun album than TSOP and its ilk- not Heretic or FFttF, so much) but that early MA run of four is superior to Death's early run; SBG is amazing and Leprosy and Symbolic are great, whereas Altars through Domination are all amazing.

I don't understand why you people keep comparing Morbid Angel and Death to one another. For me at least, it's a totally different listening experience whenever I listen to each band.

Both bands have pretty solid discographies but for some reason, MA has always clicked for me way more than Death.