Controversial opinions on metal

The Butt is called The Butt for a reason.

aww thanks hun

Dio-Sabbath is tremendously overrated and pretty much everything else Sabbath did with every other singer is better than the Dio-fronted stuff. The only thing Dio was involved in that really rules is Rainbow.

I don't much care for the Dio-era, 'cept for Dehumanizer which rocks tits, but it's better than any of the Martin-era.

Cross Purposes, as well as select songs from Eternal Idol are alright though.

Also Cross Purposes is so blatantly the worst Tony Martin-Sabbath album that it's not even funny, and people who don't think Headless Cross is at least one of the best non-Ozzy(/non-Dio for faggots)-Sabbath albums are just stupid.

Headless Cross, as Grant said, pretty much epitomizes generic 80s metal. Cheesy, reverb-laden stuff that overdoes synth more than a Thai hooker overdoes makeup.

At least Cross Purposes actually tries somewhat to sound like older Sabbath, and lay off the glam-sounding, synth-laden shit. Plus, I Witness is one of the best fucking Sabbath songs I've heard period.

And Born Again and Seventh Star rule. Fuck you shitted-opinion people.

Born Again and Seventh Star do indeed rule. I already mentioned how I consider BA to be one of the best Sabbath albums.

Dio-Sabbath is tremendously overrated and pretty much everything else Sabbath did with every other singer is better than the Dio-fronted stuff. The only thing Dio was involved in that really rules is Rainbow.
Wth, never thought you would also fail so much on this subject! Liking heavy metal and not liking Heaven and Hell is just wrong. :(
Also Cross Purposes is so blatantly the worst Tony Martin-Sabbath album that it's not even funny, and people who don't think Headless Cross is at least one of the best non-Ozzy(/non-Dio for faggots)-Sabbath albums are just stupid. And Born Again and Seventh Star rule. Fuck you shitted-opinion people.
I agree that Headless Cross is really good but I've always like Tyr the most of the Tony Martin albums, maybe I'm alone on this?

I never said I didn't like Heaven and Hell, but it's one of the worst Sabbath albums and the worst Dio-Sabbath albums. Tyr and Headless Cross are very close though.

If you ask me, pretty much any post-Ozzy Sabbath album could be called "one of the worst". They're all on an entirely lower order than the Ozzy material.

I don't see what causes you to believe that the Dio albums were especially bad, though. Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules were generally pretty catchy, and definitely more aggresive sounding than most of the later stuff, which largely sounds like them trying to imitate Europe and other cheeseball '80s bands. The sound is just really flat and lifeless in general. I think the Dio albums were an exception to that.

My most listened to Soilwork album is Figure Number Five.

It's really shit but I can't help but like it.

Distortion Sleep. <3

If you ask me, pretty much any post-Ozzy Sabbath album could be called "one of the worst". They're all on an entirely lower order than the Ozzy material.

I don't see what causes you to believe that the Dio albums were especially bad, though. Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules were generally pretty catchy, and definitely more aggresive sounding than most of the later stuff, which largely sounds like them trying to imitate Europe and other cheeseball '80s bands. The sound is just really flat and lifeless in general. I think the Dio albums were an exception to that.

Finally someone with sense.

Agreed, the ozzy era is just classic as it gets.
The dio stuff is good, but I can't get into all of it. I like rainbow and dio better even.

The black sabbath-The Dio Years is quite a compilation of the good dio era stuff though.

Obviously the first 6 Black Sabbath album are leaps and bounds above the rest. This really does not need to be said at all. That, however, leaves a dozen albums unaccounted for, and I'm not about to label two thirds of a band's discography in which every single album is good "one of the worst."

The Dio material simply never struck me as incredible. Heaven and Hell is particularly spotty and features some of the worst tracks the band has ever done. Frankly, I would take the Heaven and Hell (the band) songs over much of this album. Mob Rules is more consistent and overall better. Dehumanizer has a few duds as well, but I would also put it above Heaven and Hell, which is...well, one of the most overrated albums ever, as far as I'm concerned. The only albums I would rank under it are Technical Ecstasy, Never Say Die, Cross Purposes, and Forbidden. As for the "cheeseball" comment, I think you're simply off-base and don't know what you're talking about. Then again a lot of people on this forum don't really know what they're talking about when it comes to lighter heavy metal in the 80s.

My opinion is better than everyone else's, and that's that.

and I'm not about to label two thirds of a band's discography in which every single album is good "one of the worst."

Okay, you have to be a serious Sabbath fanboy to call every single album they did good. That's just way too much credit.

The Dio material simply never struck me as incredible. Heaven and Hell is particularly spotty and features some of the worst tracks the band has ever done. Frankly, I would take the Heaven and Hell (the band) songs over much of this album. Mob Rules is more consistent and overall better. Dehumanizer has a few duds as well, but I would also put it above Heaven and Hell, which is...well, one of the most overrated albums ever, as far as I'm concerned. The only albums I would rank under it are Technical Ecstasy, Never Say Die, Cross Purposes, and Forbidden. As for the "cheeseball" comment, I think you're simply off-base and don't know what you're talking about. Then again a lot of people on this forum don't really know what they're talking about when it comes to lighter heavy metal in the 80s.

Look, I realise that you may be used to listening to sterile, cookie-cutter metal, but that doesn't exempt most of later Sabbath from those descriptors. As I said, you're really trying too hard if you like all of Sabbath's discog.

Not at all. Every single album is good. Their worst album (Cross Purposes) seems to be favored by people who are stupid though, for some reason. My apologies on behalf of Tony Iommi for not having memorable enough melodies or whatever it is you require in good music.

Not at all. Every single album is good. Their worst album (Cross Purposes) seems to be favored by people who are stupid though, for some reason. My apologies on behalf of Tony Iommi for not having memorable enough melodies or whatever it is you require in good music.
HC and Forbidden tbh