Controversial opinions on metal

Other thrash isn't progressive enough for you? There's shitloads of good thrash bands that just play thrash, with no special geek tricks involved. I myself have never cared for Voivod that much, despite being "innovative/original" they were just another thrash band. Besides, the best progressive thrash metal band on this planet is called SADUS.

Hell yes. I'm a huge fan of brazilian thrash, they have these awesome underground bands that ruled in the 80's but are still active.

I have only hear a few Voivod songs (I can easily count them on one hand), and they didn't sound like typical thrash, or even thrash at all, to me. Maybe I need to look into them a bit deeper. I don't know if they are a band I would like or not.

I have only hear a few Voivod songs (I can easily count them on one hand), and they didn't sound like typical thrash, or even thrash at all, to me. Maybe I need to look into them a bit deeper. I don't know if they are a band I would like or not.

Less than half of their material is even thrash, but Dimension Hatröss and Killing Technology are brilliant thrash albums.

Besides, the best progressive thrash metal band on this planet is called SADUS.

Sadus isn't all that progressive though. They're basically a more technical Slayer/Dark Angel with well above average basswork. Anacrusis is where progressive thrash metal is at.

Biohazard's "Kill or Be Killed" (2003) is a great album. That band is never discussed in metal which is too bad.

Lamb of God's earlier material are not bad.

Cannibal Corpse are mediocre in comparison to many other death metal groups.

Kreator's "Pleasure to Kill" is the German Reign In Blood.

Maybe he means quality-wise?

They're roughly equals there as well, although in different ways. Pleasure to Kill is very consistent but never goes anywhere brilliant, while Reign in Blood is notoriously uneven, so if that's what he's referring to then I suppose he's being moderately controversial.

Slaughter of The Soul is a lot better than With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness. end

I haven't actually heard the entire album, but the songs that I've heard from it were underwhelming.