Controversial opinions on metal

i haven't listened to them in over a year so all i want to do right now is drink some beer and ride a motorcycle

as for pride and glory, i love them but i haven't caught up to them yet, a few more listens and i'll be there

What are your favorites? Crystal Logic is alright but most of the songs feel pretty repetitive and the vocalist is a nasally fuck. Open the Gates feels pretty much the same, but with no Necropolis which automatically makes it worse.
It got Witches Brew and The Ninth Wave though, which both are better than Necropolis!
I agree with the Kreator comment. I find older Sodom and Destruction to be better quality thrash
I think (only talking about the old albums now, haven't bothered to check out all the new stuff by the bands) Destruction > Kreator > Sodom. Kreator is also so much better than Sodom live (haven't seen Destruction). Still think all of the bands kick major ass though.

For me it was always Kreator > Destruction > Sodom, with Kreator way out in front and Sodom way behind. Agent Orange was a pretty good album, but apart from that I could take them or leave them. Both Kreator and Destruction, on the other hand, have multiple classics.

Destruction (Germany's best) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kreator (never wrote a great song in their career, but in their defense mostly avoided writing crap) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sodom (a few good albums but pretty lame and monotone discography overall)

God a lot of you are true scum, how can you not bang the head that doesn't bang to stuff like RIPPING CORPSE ATTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK or TOTAL DET!

I like old school thrash (and new school to) but I think Destruction is/was a terrible band. No other band is as overrated as they are in the genre. I dont even understand why they got a record deal in the first place. So Kreator>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Destruction

-New England Hardcore and Metal Fest. looks to be pretty decent. not as stacked as last year.

-why would Slayer tour with Marilyn Manson, i would think a band similar to them would be better, at least Behemoth will be there

-I could never really understand peoples obsession with grindcore. but i understand that everyone has different tastes in music