Controversial opinions on metal

Bathory's Viking era isn't really similar to Led Zeppelin anyway. I don't even know what you're talking about, actually.

I'm not talking about their bluesy stuff but their epic stuff: Kashmir, Achilles' Last Stand. And technically I wasn't saying it was similar but rather I would have thought that someone who likes Hammerheart would at least like some Zep because of the moods and feel of the music. That's how it is for me anyway.

I just listened to Pleasure To Kill and I'll take Agent Orange any day of the week. It just seems uninspired to me, but of course someone will take issue with that word and whine about it, so...

EDIT: I will also take Hordes of Chaos over it too.

I guess I can understand that, there's no real obvious melodies or catchy Sodom riffs, you know? But it has this aggressive raw primalness to it that kicks major ass. Hordes of Chaos is good though, listening to it now.

Face it: some people don't like Dimmu Borqueer. Quit getting butthurt over it.

I wasn't making a case for people to like the band, I just don't like the attitude that people take against them, using their dislike of them to validate their status as one-of-good-tastes.

Because I don't care about drumming when the music sucks and because Robert Plant is one of the most irritating, grating singers I've ever turned off after 3 minutes and because if you held a gun to my head I couldn't think of a single Zeppelin baseline.

@Vihris: The problem isn't that they keep releasing the same songs, it's that they keep releasing the same shitty songs. Motorhead keep releasing the same badass songs. There's a difference.
Also, sadly, people don't fellate Motorhead or overplay them on the radio constantly (even Ace of Spades).

I like how you mention turning Zeppelin off after 3 minutes. As in, you've already made up your mind about the band before actually making any attempt at appreciating their music.

Really, there's just no defense for such an epic fail at hard rock opinions as those quoted above. If you can't get over the attitude of bands like Zeppelin and AC/DC enough to actually give them an open-minded listen, then don't make ignorant-ass posts about them.

Jesus Christ people... what is not to like about Zep?
Kashmir, Achilles Last Stand, No Quarter, Immigrant Song, Dazed and Confused, Stairway to Heaven, Going to California, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You... they've made so many great songs.

Led Zeppelin is good, but AC/DC seems pointless to me, and their songs lack any quality that would allow me to forgive them for being so repetitive through the years.

Led Zeppelin is good, but AC/DC seems pointless to me, and their songs lack any quality that would allow me to forgive them for being so repetitive through the years.

honestly i've never really cared for AC/DC i don't dislike them per se but I've never really gotten into them. I used to feel the same way about Aerosmith but I've come to like their 70's stuff.

Well the way I see it, they're pretty much the essence of loud, dirty, balls-out hard rock. I really don't think they're fundamentally different from a band like Motorhead, aside from having a slower tempo and a different vocal/lyrical attitude.

Well in my view they're pretty much the essence of loud, dirty, balls-out hard rock. I really don't think they're fundamentally different from a band like Motorhead, aside from having a slower tempo and a different vocal/lyrical attitude.

pretty much... which is why i'm only a tiny bit interested in motorhead... i like some tracks but overrall i'm not really that into them.