Controversial opinions on metal

Controversial opinion: Lamb of God made a pretty good song once, or more specifically, half of a pretty good song. The first 2 minutes or so of "Walk With Me In Hell" (up to "now witness the end of an age") are badass.

Controversial opinion: Lamb of God made a pretty good song once, or more specifically, half of a pretty good song. The first 2 minutes or so of "Walk With Me In Hell" (up to "now witness the end of an age") are badass.

I am by no means a LoG or metalcore fan but the new songs from Wrath on their myspace sounds pretty badass... especially Set to Fail.

How about:

Everything Killswitch Engage has done has been the epitome of excellence
yes, they are all good.

i like industrial, symphonic, melodic, and progressive black metal (Samael, Dimmu, Naglfar, Enslaved, etc.) quite a bit, but hate most if not all pure black metal, including Emperor, Immortal, Gorgoroth, Darkthrone, etc. no matter how much i try to be trve and like it, and oh i have tried

i like industrial, symphonic, melodic, and progressive black metal (Samael, Dimmu, Naglfar, Enslaved, etc.) quite a bit, but hate most if not all pure black metal, including Emperor, Immortal, Gorgoroth, Darkthrone, etc. no matter how much i try to be trve and like it, and oh i have tried

I've never thought of Emperor as "pure" black metal, which is why I believe I love them.

Man I seriously cannot understand how people prefer Brave Murder Day to Dance of December Souls, dance is godly and BMD is not.

A. Chevelle is not metal.
B. You couldn't find a more embarrassing band that I like, seriously? I feed you guys this shit, and you can't even deliver when you have the chance.
C. Killswitch might be tolerable from time to time, but "the epitome of excellence" is taking that a bit far.

They are more than tolerable, especially the first two albums

I've never liked a single thing Katatonia ever did, I prefer Paradise Lost. The only good thing about Katatonia is that the singer has a nice name.

Controversial opinion: I like everything LoG has done.

Controversial opinion: I like everything LoG has done.

I wouldn't say I like everything (since Burn the Priest is pretty aweful) but they have definitely been getting better and better. I don't see why they are so disliked unless it is the lack of kvltness.

Been listening to Wrath today, pretty solid album, it lacks a killer track like Walk with Me in Hell and Redneck, but over all it is better than Sacrament.

I wouldn't say I like everything (since Burn the Priest is pretty aweful) but they have definitely been getting better and better. I don't see why they are so disliked unless it is the lack of kvltness.

Been listening to Wrath today, pretty solid album, it lacks a killer track like Walk with Me in Hell, but over all it is better than Sacrament.

Well, I haven't heard Burn The Priest, but I've heard everything they've put out under the name of Lamb of God.

And IMO, Reclamation is the "killer track" on Wrath. Fuck, that shit was just amazing.

All in all, Wrath's a solid album though... they're trying something different here; and while not as good as Sacrament, it's a great album regardless.