Controversial opinions on metal

Accept are good but imo they don't have any albums as good as the Defenders, Stained Class, Sad Wings or even Sin After Sin.

I'm still new to both bands, especially Accept, but I was definitely impressed with Breaker.

Everything Priest did with Halford has been at least solid. Don't be a faggot, Belligerent

Yes, Painkiller was very solid, like a well-dried turd.

Do it. I'm feeling argumentative, and would love to blow a lot of hot air your way.

Assuming I know the bands you talk about.

Here's one: Darkthrone's Soulside Journey and Transilvanian Hunger are both good but overrated.

Also, any comments that go "how can you like X but not like Y?" are completely stupid, no matter what the situation is.

Here's one: Darkthrone's Soulside Journey and Transilvanian Hunger are both good but overrated.

Also, any comments that go "how can you like X but not like Y?" are completely stupid, no matter what the situation is.

Well I actually agree with you there. Both of those albums seem significantly lacking to me, whereas the two in-between are much more satisfying.

I also don't get all the love for Panzerfaust, which I find boring as fuck.

Yeah, I know we have different standards and all. I'll just say that from a songwriting perspective ABITNS and UAFM seem much more interesting - especially the former, which kicks unimaginable quantities of ass.

As an addendum, though, I'll acknowledge that UAFM and TH are pretty similar, just that TH is more minimalistic and grainy. I just don't enjoy the added minimalism there.

Complexity and Black Metal aren't always reconcilable. It's about feel and passion, which I derive more from TH than the previous two. What's great about Panzerfaust is that it unites all the styles covered in the previous three albums.

vihris-gari's posts in this thread are as predictable as Life Sucks'.

Well I have said most of that stuff already, and admittedly I don't listen to a lot of the same bands that you guys do, so I suppose that would make my posts in here predictable. Not that this thread doesn't already have 800 versions of the same 5-10 discussions in it.

Complexity and Black Metal aren't always reconcilable. It's about feel and passion, which I derive more from TH than the previous two. What's great about Panzerfaust is that it unites all the styles covered in the previous three albums.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that I've never really connected with the "true passion" that drives black metal.

I disagree, it's the one I can't get into. Anyway I'd like to retract a previous comment about slayer not being that good.

Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits and Reign in Blood are brilliant metal albums.

Not a controversial opinion, but I felt I had to get it straight.

I disagree, it's the one I can't get into. Anyway I'd like to retract a previous comment about slayer not being that good.

Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits and Reign in Blood are brilliant metal albums.

Not a controversial opinion, but I felt I had to get it straight.

Well thank god. We were all holding our breaths for that news.