Controversial opinions on metal

I find Heartwork to be superior in every way to the grind releases from Carcass. (and every other release from them to be honest)

Maybe they were the first to do it... but the patho grind crap has been done to death since then and it sounds better.. its just dismissed because its "copycatting"... and I'd rather listen to Impetigo or Repulsion than early Carcass any day.... Heartwork is more unique and still holds up against the melodic death metal of today.

If you ask me, Carcass is a boring, overrated band with no albums that I find even mildly interesting, especially the grindcore ones, obviously.

Well he posted it right when the server downtime starts, and it usually lasts about 15-20 minutes, so he probably clicked it twice out of doubt that the first click went through, then just left the browser window open until the server woke up again.

Anders Friden has a horrible clean voice. I frequently enjoy when melodic death metal vocalists sing, but not Anders.

He doesn't sing on any of their real melodic death metal albums though, just the deep voice on Whoracle sometimes.

Also I honestly quite enjoy his singing. I won't argue that it's slightly whiny, but he sings with feeling. They are heavily studio'd but as I've stated before I don't give a fuck how bands make the sounds they make. I think Come Clarity is a very under-appreciated album.

:lol:

Sorry if I went a little overboard. I just can't stand it when people say something sucks or a band sold out or WHATEVER and say nothing to back up their opinion.

ok, here's what I really think....do you honestly believe the fact Carcass putting catchy melodies in their music was just happenstance or was it deliberate? signing to Columbia Records and doing just that seems a little suspect, at least to me.

I cant stand his whiny pop-ish vocals on the later albums. While i did actually enjoy his growls on THR, different but i grew fond of them.

I find Heartwork to be superior in every way to the grind releases from Carcass. (and every other release from them to be honest)

Heartwork is awesome
Agreed with both of these, the album is almost 16 years old and still remains as fresh as ever.

As far as saying Swansong is their sellout album is fucking ridiculous on every level. Its not their best effort but still has 5-6 solid tracks on it.