Controversial opinions on metal

Except that's pretty much wrong since if you've listened to anything by them you'd know that they've developed the sound into their own territory quite strikingly.

I love Dying Fetus a lot. It's too bad they get lumped into a group with considerably lamer bands like Nile, Hate Eternal and Cannibal Corpse. I know many people here aren't into the groove element they have but if you are I think they are one of the best at adding that kind of groove to death metal. They also put on an awesome live show.

Also, people need to stop getting butthurt about Omni and Dodens giving their opinions. I'm tired of people bitching just because the Domni phrases its criticisms more sharply. Obviously I disagree with Omni about brutal death metal but you don't see me whining and saying she shouldn't post her opinion. Methinks some personal dislike is making people take their musical criticism more personally.

Well, yeah, but it does get slightly annoying to just constantly hear "you're a faggot if you like this" which sometimes they tend to do. I wonder why saying things like that doesn't get tiring.

I guess I am just very confident in my opinions so someone else disagreeing doesn't really bother me, especially in the realm of music where it is mostly subjective anyway.

I think this is also why it doesn't bother me, plus I think it's funny. It's also not directed at me very often since my musical taste is superior.

And let us not forget to mention Whiskey Funeral in this discussion. Though she may not do it as often, her criticism of others' musical taste is often very witty and makes me lol, and is also based on a superior taste in music.

Well, yeah, but it does get slightly annoying to just constantly hear "you're a faggot if you like this" which sometimes they tend to do. I wonder why saying things like that doesn't get tiring.
Probably because so many people get annoyed. This is the internet. If it actually bothers you (you in general, not you being Andy) if someone calls you a faggot then you're in the wrong place. I'm not saying that that is a good thing, I'm just saying that's how it is.

I don't get why people say Nile are lame and/or generic. Probably because I started with In Their Darkened Shrines, though. Ithyphallic, Black Seeds, and Annihilation of the Wicked aren't all that distinctive (or good tbh), but In Their Darkened Shrines is a fucking masterpiece imo, as well as being pretty unique. Amongst The Catacombs is pretty cool as well.

Far Away From The Sun and Thy Black Destiny >>> Dissection.
Ah, those wretched double standards. An obscure act has got to be better than an aesthetically similar popular band.
I know someone may saying that Sacramentum are more subtle and artistic, less predictable and not as rockish,are able to transport oneself to the realms of spiritual refreshment, how those melodies explore countless moods and open infinite doorways to enlightenment,, how they turn darkness into light of hope and back again to darkness, cascading into infinity and all that hulabaloo. Romanticizing rules, doesn't it? :p

Ah, those wretched double standards. An obscure act has got to be better than an aesthetically similar popular band.
I know someone may saying that Sacramentum are more subtle and artistic, less predictable and not as rockish,are able to transport oneself to the realms of spiritual refreshment, how those melodies explore countless moods and open infinite doorways to enlightenment,, how they turn darkness into light of hope and back again to darkness, cascading into infinity and all that hulabaloo. Romanticizing rules, doesn't it? :p

Get over yourself and your belief that just because someone happens to like something that is more underground than an established act it must mean they only like it because it is underground.

Seriously, zip it.

You should write reviews...

I'm actually just joking, hence the emoticon. I don't necessarily think this way, but rather that there are many people would spend more time trying to find the appeal in cult acts rather than enjoy aesthetically similar bands that get hyped up by fans all over. That's understandable, if slightly annoying. Actually,in some ways, I'm one of those people. It's just kinda sad that a lot of obscure stuff I've found has left me unattached.