Controversial opinions on metal

Yeah... no. I'm entitled to an opinion on things that I dislike, and only an idiot would ever attempt to argue otherwise.

By your logic, you obviously don't care for Barack Obama, which completely invalidates even posting your opinion on him.

You missed my point entirely, as evidenced by your failure at comparison.

I can state my opinon about Barack Obama because I care about politics, and the position of the presidency. People who would rather watch MTV2 than CSPAN shouldn't give their opinions on Obama.

I don't care for most of the music you post about, but I don't go around saying those bands/artists sucks.I realize I happen to not like their whole style, which has nothing to do with whether or not they suck. You apparently have difficulty differentiating between what you don't like and what "sucks".

/agree this thread is pretty done. I think OCI was correct in that the Holy Diver bit was the last thing left.

You missed my point entirely, as evidenced by your failure at comparison.

I can state my opinon about Barack Obama because I care about politics, and the position of the presidency. People who would rather watch MTV2 than CSPAN shouldn't give their opinions on Obama.

I don't care for most of the music you post about, but I don't go around saying those bands/artists sucks.I realize I happen to not like their whole style, which has nothing to do with whether or not they suck. You apparently have difficulty differentiating between what you don't like and what "sucks".

/agree this thread is pretty done. I think OCI was correct in that the Holy Diver bit was the last thing left.

I can state my opinons about brutal death metal and grindcore because I care about extreme metal, and what's currently big in that section of music as a whole, especially if someone claims that anyone who dislikes them is wrong, which is what I was replying to in the first place. Your claim that my opinion is invalid or unnecessary is wrong because you neglect the circumstances and also clearly don't seem to realize that I couldn't care less if you want to hear my opinions or not. I'm still entitled to have them and state them when someone claims that anyone who thinks that way is wrong or that those types of music are superior to music that I do enjoy.

As usual, you have no argument whatsoever, and you just stumble around writing run-on sentences in an attempt to make a point.

I can state my opinons about brutal death metal and grindcore because I care about extreme metal, and what's currently big in that section of music as a whole, especially if someone claims that anyone who dislikes them is wrong, which is what I was replying to in the first place. Your claim that my opinion is invalid or unnecessary is wrong because you neglect the circumstances and also clearly don't seem to realize that I couldn't care less if you want to hear my opinions or not. I'm still entitled to have them and state them when someone claims that anyone who thinks that way is wrong or that those types of music are superior to music that I do enjoy.

As usual, you have no argument whatsoever, and you just stumble around writing run-on sentences in an attempt to make a point.

black-pot-kettle_~OBJ058.jpg

Anyway, Nile and Dying Fetus do not suck.

Actually you're agreeing with Death Delirium and ncfoWainds. I maintain that at least some Kreator was definitely something special. And beyond that, much of it is good and enjoyable.

Sodom has never moved me too much. I like Code Red quite a bit.

But I think we mostly all agree that Destruction - Infernal Overkill is a mighty album. Dare I say even close to Mercyful Fate - Melissa?

EDIT: Why do commas seem good when I first type a sentence, and then upon review most of them seem dumb?

Some Kreator was ok...I would never go so far as to say that they had anything special.

And I'd second your Infernal/Melissa comparison. Both are equally fantastic in their own way (despite the obvious difference in genre).

As for Nile...they don't have much of an impact for me. 'In Their Darkened Shrines' was my first death metal album. It's good, but honestly they bore the hell out of me.

For that matter, Hate Eternal bores me to tears as well. I got 'I, Monarch' awhile back. It has all the elements of a fantastic dm album, but doesn't keep my interest.

i had Ithyphallic for a couple days.:erk: i sold it.

probably not that controversial but

Mike's versions of Nightmares Made Flesh songs at The Wacken Carnage sound so much better than the originals. (no offense to Pete)

I've also tried a couple of Hate Eternal CDs and none of them have moved me.

I think Nile are pretty good. They have their own little niche and they are pretty consistent and are proficient musicians.

I also enjoy the Dying Fetus CDs I have.

Metalheads complain when bands change and they complain when bands stay the same, so whatever. Yeah there are people and bands out there gifted enough to actually succeed at enough variation and similarity to please all fans. But then there are a lot more bands that just play enjoyable metal, and an additional bunch who seem to even miss that. To add to that, nobody even agrees entirely on which bands go into which category.