Controversial opinions on metal

Olidous Operettas by The County Medical Examiners is a great album and the best Carcass worship i've heard and still do not like it as much as syphonies of sickness or necroticism, and same goes for bands like Impaled,Exhumed,Ghoul,etc..... I noticed a lot of Razaorback Records stuff is very much influenced by Carcass and Thrash and while majority of it being good don't prefere it over any carcass or general thrash records.

I like that song Omni posted, there's a cool quality I can't quite pin down to those repeated riffs. I will say, though, that that's the first thing I've heard from Ildjarn I thought was particularly interesting. I've listened to most of Strength and Anger and Forest Poetry and was impressed by neither. I may give them another try in the future, and for now I think I'll DL this comp and give it a listen, this tune sounds promising

I think almost all the songs on Ildjarn Is Dead are better than the one posted. That's the only Ildjarn I know, however. I prefer the crappy organic drumming to the overbearing drum machine, as well as the more melodic style.

Ildjarn is too much for me. I'm not trv enough for it, whatever. Just sounds like a load of shit to me. I like Darkthrone and Burzum as well so you can't say I don't like Black Metal.

I quite like that song Omni posted. The simple melody set against the wall-o-power-chord is very cool and the constant blastbeat honestly doesn't bother me in this case. It's interesting that he actually uses bass to do something; the way the bass is being used in this song reminds me in some parts of some of the classical music my dad plays.

See, that sounds fucking awful to me. The drumming is a large part of what makes it so irritating; the cymbals, mostly. The guitar sounds like it could maybe be okay.

Nattens Madrigal isn't even very raw. It's just mixed in a ridiculous way where the guitar is a lot louder compared to everything else. You can hear ever instrument easily if you actually listen, and it was clearly recorded in a studio. It's still a great album.