Controversial opinions on metal

It's a decent song, but far from an accurate representation of Ildjarn's music.

Stuff like this is way better anyway:

:)

I can appreciate a low budget or minimalistic production but I would never go as low as to listen to that kind of stuff. To me it hurts my ears because of the lack of balance in everything. It sounds bad because the sound is bad. Now there were no stand out riffs either but it would probably be listenable with better production.

I like Nattens Madrigal. It definitely isn't "raw," but it has a bizarre mix (I'm going to agree with omni that "the guitar is a lot louder compared to everything" atm on the grounds that I'm rather drunk at the moment and that seems correct...) that I find rather endearing, and it's just a cool sound in general

Dream Theater suck and are overrated butt pirates and this is really aimed more at the poster who finds majority of thrash,death metal, and extreme metal boring but likes Suck Theater.

Is Suck Theater really the best you could come up with?
But yeah, they are really overrated. They're fantastic musicians - SO FUCKING WHAT?

Sorcery `bloodchilling tales is better than Entombed `left hand path. Don't get me wrong I love both.

I love some Dream Theater and think some is really boring. People usually complain about their advanced stuff alot but that is what makes them good to me. When they tone it down they usually just sounds like a boring pop/rock band. Take a listen to Octavarium (except the excellent title track) to know what I mean.

I love some Dream Theater and think some is really boring. People usually complain about their advanced stuff alot but that is what makes them good to me. When they tone it down they usually just sounds like a boring pop/rock band. Take a listen to Octavarium (except the excellent title track) to know what I mean.
That's the thing with a lot of progressive metal. You find it in other pro-metal bands such as Opeth and Symphony X. Its an odd genre. I agree with you totally.

Dream Theater would be better if they actually learned how to write songs again instead of having random, often plagiarized sections pasted together between meaningless 5 minute solo tradeoffs. The first disc of Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence was really good, but that's about the only thing post-1997 I can get into. Their last album was a joke, Prophets of War makes me embarrassed to call myself a DT fan.

I dont mind 5 minute solos. Thats a big part of the progresive genre and I enjoy it. I do however hate it how Dream Theater at times not only shows their inflences but how they do almost the exact same thing. Octavarium is a good example once again to prove my point. They had the U2 song and the Muse song on there. Neither had any right to be on a DT album. One may like them but they borrowed so much from the other bnd its not really DT.

I did however like the latest album, SC, and I think LaBrie is getting alot better and some of his melody hooks are great on that album. I also loved train of thought. So thats 2 out of 3 judging the last few albums.