Controversial opinions on metal

But you don't have a baby over it, this other breed of person is something completely different, how one can possibly claim to be a metal fan but be so aggressively disturbed at a non-conformist opinion of a band, thus negating one of the major underlying themes of what metal should be about, is totally beyond me. Most bands I like the most have about 1/4 the fanbase Opeth does, and I barely complain, but they have millions and fanboys pitch a fit about it when there isn't one more added, pathetic zombies.

I find Opeth to be extremely boring for the most part as well. Deliverance and My Arms, Your Hearse can be okay in small doses.

I enjoy some of their older material. My Arms, Your Hearse and Morningrise have some really nice songs. Also, sorry for continuing the Opeth discussion. :p

IT WAS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PEERING THROUGH TEH LOOKING GLAAAAASSS

good song, decent album..

but it's when they started letting the wall-of-noise guitar approach dominate all the 'heavy' parts, they began the journey to suck. And they should have kept Johan. Killer bass on 'Morningrise', a study for how I think bass should be better utilized in metal tbh.

No, it's not a new one, it's been around since you all collectively decided anyone who flames the band for any reason is committing treason since Opeth is exempt from any and all criticism, and if you were more reasonable I would discuss music with you, as it stands, why does it matter what I think since you obviously disagree with my assessment on one side of the spectrum? You do realize there is no point in debating this with someone who has the view you do? Anyway, a lot of bands I love don't have teh huge inpenetratable fortress of fanboydom and hype that your little band has, so again, there's no way you'll like them anyway, so again, why bother? Look at how long I've been here. I've just about exhausted what there is to discuss and I only wish to lol at Opeth nazis, not discuss with them. If you really want to know what I think I have a couple thousand posts for you to go through.
Dude,I'm not trying to convince anyone to like something they don't but really this is the first place I've been that I'm hearing this opinion of them. Where do you come to the conclusion that I'm unreasonable anyway? You obviouly have a very biased view on them from the first responce to my posts. I never said anything along the lines of them being flawless or something cause the band that is faultless dosen't exist. I happen to be of the opinion that Opeth is one of the most accomplished bands in metal. I also woulden't debate this with someone that holds the same view of them as I do,does that make any sence? If they like them and I like them theres nothing to debate. Oh and calling people fanboys is just old and redundant.Also,how do you arive at dissmissing the idea that we could acualy like some of the same music? now,whos being unreasonable?:rolleyes:

opeth school of composition:
YO STEVEN I WROTE A LOUD ELECTRIC PASSAGE LAST NIGHT. OH COOL MIKAEL I WROTE A QUIET ACOUSTIC BIT JUST NOW THEYRE BOUND TO FIT PERFECTLY! THATS GREAT DUDE LET ME JUST FIND SOME PRITT STICK

Why the fuck would someone compare Iced Earth and Testament anyways.

They are different bands that play a different style of thrash.

Anyone who doesn't at least like Still Day Beneath The Sun and Patterns In The Ivy II should just quit listening to music.
Yes,I'm glad I don't have a non-conformist mentality when it comes to music cause I'd be missing out on a lot. I don't feel the need to be a rebel in every situation like Crystal Ice does. That name makes me thirsty for some reason,lol:kickass:

opeth school of composition:
YO STEVEN I WROTE A LOUD ELECTRIC PASSAGE LAST NIGHT. OH COOL MIKAEL I WROTE A QUIET ACOUSTIC BIT JUST NOW THEYRE BOUND TO FIT PERFECTLY! THATS GREAT DUDE LET ME JUST FIND SOME PRITT STICK

Totally agreed. :lol:

Anyone who doesn't at least like Still Day Beneath The Sun and Patterns In The Ivy II should just quit listening to music.

Why? It's not like those two songs are the epitome of good music or even remotely original and unique. That's a stupid thing to say about two incredibly standard acoustic songs that offer very little, if anything, that you can't hear anywhere else.

Thanks dude, I love Forbidden, probably my favourite thrash band, and Twisted being my favourite thrash album... Thrash at its most creative and non-Metallica aping! I'm looking forward to their new album a hell of a lot. Also the new Heathen is another one I can't wait for...

I much prefer Forbidden Evil to Twisted Into Form.

And yeah, Victims of Deception is brilliant. I'm sure their new one will be excellent if the 3 demos they released in 2005 are anything to go by. They're three of the finest thrash songs to appear in the last ten years, check them out for sure if you haven't heard them!

Based on Victims of Deception, I was not a fan of Heathen. But then I heard Breaking the Silence, so now I am just not a fan of Victims of Deception. I also now look forward to hearing what they will do on the new one. Great album art!