Controversial opinions on metal

I'm not an Opeth fan. In fact, their music bores me to tears so like I said, there's no way in hell I was going to spend that money to see Enslaved play four songs.
It's okay,you don't have to cry. I don't understand how Opeth can be boring but to each his own I guess. They always put on a good show,not a better band in metal imho!

I find Opeth to be extremely boring for the most part as well. Deliverance and My Arms, Your Hearse can be okay in small doses.

The two posts above the most recent post are really good examples of why I can't relate to 95% of metal fans I come across.

Re: Opeth I really only care about 'Morningrise', and sometimes 'Orchid' and 'Damnation'. I think 'Morningrise' is the only one which is outstanding for the most part. Most of the stuff otherwise is some of the most undynamic, anti-melodic music I've ever heard.

Please God no Opeth discussion.

Testament are way better than Iced Earth. I haven't heard the last one or two or maybe three now from Motorhead, but Inferno is fucking great.
I actually don't really see what's so spectacular about Ace of Spades. I mean, it's got a bunch of awesome songs, no doubt, but it also has some shitty ones and overall I find it good but inconsistent. Bomber would be a much better album if the whole thing weren't really slow. Every song is good, more or less, but as an album it doesn't work so well.

Maybe we should just create an Opeth thread and sticky it, and anyone who talks about Opeth should be banned for a day.

The two posts above the most recent post are really good examples of why I can't relate to 95% of metal fans I come across.

Re: Opeth I really only care about 'Morningrise', and sometimes 'Orchid' and 'Damnation'. I think 'Morningrise' is the only one which is outstanding for the most part. Most of the stuff otherwise is some of the most undynamic, anti-melodic music I've ever heard.
What kind of shit are you smoking? Undynamic? I have two words for you,Steven Wilson. That man is a fuckin' musical genius and is responsable for adding all the dynamics to Opeth's music. Have you never really listened to Black Waterpark or Deliverance and Damnation? I'd like to know what bands you concider to be Dynamic,holy shit!

Maybe we should just create an Opeth thread and sticky it, and anyone who talks about Opeth should be banned for a day.
Yeah,I'm sure you do like sucking on pickles and what would be the point of making an Opeth sticky and then banning people for posting there? wtf?:rolleyes:

What kind of shit are you smoking? Undynamic? I have two words for you,Steven Wilson. That man is a fuckin' musical genius and is responsable for adding all the dynamics to Opeth's music. Have you never really listened to Black Waterpark or Deliverance and Damnation? I'd like to know what bands you concider to be Dynamic,holy shit!

lol

Opeth nazis...:lol: it's like there's literally a new one here every week.

I love Opeth, one of my top 10 favorite bands. Not gonna argue with those who don't like them though, there's no point.

Testament are good live, Iced Earth only have a bout 5 songs I like and I only like them on Alive in Athens.

I used to really like them but then I realised how much filler they have on the average album.

Opeth nazi,haha thats a new one. I'm fine with that but really whats the definition of a "dynamic" band in your eyes?

No, it's not a new one, it's been around since you all collectively decided anyone who flames the band for any reason is committing treason since Opeth is exempt from any and all criticism, and if you were more reasonable I would discuss music with you, as it stands, why does it matter what I think since you obviously disagree with my assessment on one side of the spectrum? You do realize there is no point in debating this with someone who has the view you do? Anyway, a lot of bands I love don't have teh huge inpenetratable fortress of fanboydom and hype that your little band has, so again, there's no way you'll like them anyway, so again, why bother? Look at how long I've been here. I've just about exhausted what there is to discuss and I only wish to lol at Opeth nazis, not discuss with them. If you really want to know what I think I have a couple thousand posts for you to go through.

Testament's last few cds are total necroshit, but anyone who thinks their earlier material is boring should look up Live in London DVD from 2005 (or even First Strike Still Deadly, which is a rerecorded best-of and slays). And Iced Earth, I - like - TOTALLY don't care about that band so I can't even say what-ever.

No, it's not a new one, it's been around since you all collectively decided anyone who flames the band for any reason is committing treason since Opeth is exempt from any and all criticism, and if you were more reasonable I would discuss music with you, as it stands, why does it matter what I think since you obviously disagree with my assessment on one side of the spectrum? You do realize there is no point in debating this with someone who has the view you do? Anyway, a lot of bands I love don't have teh huge inpenetratable fortress of fanboydom and hype that your little band has, so again, there's no way you'll like them anyway, so again, why bother? Look at how long I've been here. I've just about exhausted what there is to discuss and I only wish to lol at Opeth nazis, not discuss with them. If you really want to know what I think I have a couple thousand posts for you to go through.

Let's be objective alright! Meaning lets not just spout opinions. Alright after some rational thinking the conclusion is:

Opeth are gay!

I love Opeth, one of my top 10 favorite bands. Not gonna argue with those who don't like them though, there's no point.

They're not in my top 10 but, just saying this under the table, they're incredible. But yeah, I've tried arguing it to Opeth hater's so many time and it's impossible and vice versa for them.