Controversial opinions on metal

On the angry thing, just gonna go ahead and say Tool - Opiate has far more raw anger than I've ever heard from any of those mentioned.

yep, when someone has a reference to a band in their name and then actually mentions them ONCE - they are automatically a fanboy - yea you've figured it out.

eh w/e. they were my favorite band when i came to this board but now I like Tool, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, and Deathspell Omega equally for different reasons..Lateralus is probably still my favorite album of all time, but I have a lot of albums I listen to more than the rest of their discography.

yep, when someone has a reference to a band in their name and then actually mentions them ONCE - they are automatically a fanboy - yea you've figured it out.

Nothing's wrong with being a fan boy. You like a band & you rock it & nothing's wrong with that. Opiate is the only Tool album I never heard (I think). I would like to check that one out! Maybe I'll bust out Undertow tomorrow.

Opiate's probably my 2nd favorite "album" of theirs (in quotes what with it being an EP actually and all..) of theirs - if you like songs like Intolerance, Undertow, or Swamp Song - it's a lot like that but a little shorter and a little more raw.

I just prefer to be a "fan" rather than a "fanboy" - everyone here should understand the difference..

Opiate's probably my 2nd favorite "album" of theirs (in quotes what with it being an EP actually and all..) of theirs - if you like songs like Intolerance, Undertow, or Swamp Song - it's a lot like that but a little shorter and a little more raw.

I just prefer to be a "fan" rather than a "fanboy" - everyone here should understand the difference..

I hadn't thought of Tool when thinking about angry bands... Don't know why, because they can be fucking angry when they want to. Ticks and Leeches on Lateralus for instance - Keenan's voice is really venomous on that track.

They've always been a bit over rated imo,Dimebag should have been in a better band. Nice avatar by the way Forbidden was a great band,twisted into form was one of my fav thrash albums back in the day.:kickass:

Thanks dude, I love Forbidden, probably my favourite thrash band, and Twisted being my favourite thrash album... Thrash at its most creative and non-Metallica aping! I'm looking forward to their new album a hell of a lot. Also the new Heathen is another one I can't wait for...

Thanks dude, I love Forbidden, probably my favourite thrash band, and Twisted being my favourite thrash album... Thrash at its most creative and non-Metallica aping! I'm looking forward to their new album a hell of a lot. Also the new Heathen is another one I can't wait for...
Forbidden is coming out with a new album!!! I'm on it like white on rice! Heathen's Victims of Deception was another great classic thrash album.

They've always been a bit over rated imo,Dimebag should have been in a better band.

He was a solid guitarist but I think it's funny how so many people fellate his playing as if he was the best guitarist of all time. Also, your avatar is totally gay and I seriously hope you are using it in a non-serious manner. :lol:

People can give $$$ and the time of day to a band that released apparently only 2 things worth listening to, whereas metal bands with album after album of good material aren't cool to like and have to be approached reluctantly because there's no silver lining of hype.

I find Forbidden's lyrics more interesting than their music.