Controversial opinions on metal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0TX0Q1s6sU

Also, usually US power metal is all I listen to for power metal.

Or usually non Euro power metal.

Come on man... its all about euro...

Heres some euro power that I listen to.

Germany:
Blind Guardian
Gamma Ray
Rawhead Rexx
Iron Savior
Metalium
Primal Fear
Helloween

Italy:
Rhapsody of Fire
Spellblast
Luca Turilli/Luca Turilli's Dream Quest

Sweden:
Heed
Lost Horizon
Wolf
Cryonic Temple
Dream Evil
Evergrey
Hammerfall
Bloodbound
Falconer
Persuader

Brazil:
Angry
Hibria

Finland:
Kiuas
Stratovarius
Cadacross
Children of Bodom
Warmen
Nightwish
Wintersun

Denmark:
Pyramaze (Old)
Manticora
Wuthering Heights

Spain:
Dark Moor

Etc...

Well if you dont like clean vocals with melody then perhaps its not your thing. There is a good amount of power metal bands and theres a good amount of crappy corny power bands. But for every genre theres the good and bad. Theres stuff to hate and stuff to appreciate.

I don't think there's any way I will ever like power metal. I'm not attacking anyone's tastes here but god damn i hate that shit.

me neither. I hate excessive melody.

Well if you dont like clean vocals with melody then perhaps its not your thing. There is a good amount of power metal bands and theres a good amount of crappy corny power bands. But for every genre theres the good and bad. Theres stuff to hate and stuff to appreciate.

you should follow your own advice in regards to grind.

There's plenty of power metal that people who hate overly stereotypical power metal would probably like.

Harsh vocals =/= anger.
@mL: lazy. Post me a video.
And obviously US power metal can be angry, but that's practically a different genre.

Harsh vocals in DM don't sound angry to me along with the music(majority of the time) which is why I enjoy it because it's not annoying. Can't say I care for angry whiny adolescent sounding music like say black metal for example(my mommy and daddy made me go to church on sunday bullshit waahhhh).