Controversial opinions on metal

Duh...no?
First off, that's not typical euro style. Secondly, New Dark Age at least is not angry, just fairly heavy. Post an example of the song you think fits the bill, though.

Discharge is actually great. Only a poser would think that they aren't good.

Well, this is Alter we're talking about here and sometimes his taste in music is questionable.

Where are you getting this claim that I don't like Discharge?

Well, Discharge does fucking rule, I find other albums to be much more angry. I say Crass is.

Anyways, Discharge rules.

I just said Crass was better, but that Discharge was also very good.

Once in a while (not a lot, but once in a while) I have different emotions other than anger that need to be spoken to, so I don't mind that different subgenres typically express different feelings as a whole. :loco:

Where are you getting this claim that I don't like Discharge?

youdontknowme listens to Discharge. You said he doesn't listen to good punk music.

Discharge are great

iirc

A single band is a singular subject. As such, Discharge is great. The only exception would be if a band was called something like The Beatles, which is clearly a plural word.

youdontknowme listens to Discharge. You said he doesn't listen to good punk music.

Well, next time read my previous posts to understand my post better, but I get what you are saying. I was referring to his stupid and pointless post-80's grindcore and noise-punk or whatever. Not to mention is hate for Crass. Just teasing him anyways, though.

I understood you just fine. You completely missed what I was talking about in an obviously sarcastic post and asked me what I was referring to. ;)

By the way, Discharge is definitely better, and also significantly more influential, than Crass.

Oh, and the first two Iron Maiden albums are obviously better than anything else that they've ever recorded. I wish that I didn't neglect them for so long.

I would say Crass is much better from seeing that they put down the foundation for a majority of punk bands and their ideologies. They also had a much more versatile sound and higher musical ambitions than other bands at the time. I am not understating Discharges sound, but Crass really spearheaded that raw punk sound that was absent from other early punk bands and that Discharge than took off of. Nonetheless, Discharge did D-beat and also high musical ambitions. Obviously, my heart is with Crass, though. Crass was also hugely influential on the squat scene which I believe Discharge was born from. I kind of it see it in the whole Bathory-Darkthrone debate. Who was more influential? Darkthrone may have sold more records, but with Bathory it would have never happened.

Correct me where I am wrong here. Punk is not really my thing.

S/T is half filler. Killers, on the other hand, is damn near a masterpiece. Killers, Piece of Mind, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, The X Factor and A Matter of Life and Death are their best albums.