Controversial opinions on metal

Duh...no?
First off, that's not typical euro style. Secondly, New Dark Age at least is not angry, just fairly heavy. Post an example of the song you think fits the bill, though.

This song is badass and angry.

And for this one, the whole thing isn't angry, but parts of it are. And honestly, I think you're being unfair to the genre by claiming that "no power metal is angry."

Last edited by a moderator:
Who cares, is what I'm wondering. Why is that such a big deal in this country? Everything has to be :yell:, all the time. And this is almost like saying baroque music doesn't have enough Delta blues.

I mean for the sake of finding more bands or varying bands, and stuff like that, that's cool and all. It's just odd to me that this is the issue at all.

I have come full circle in this thread. I believe I started by posting on how I think Bruce Dickinson is annoying in the long run and that the best Iron Maiden release easily is "The X-Factor". NOw people debate IM vocalists and best albums again :)

Motorhead blow
NO. Next.

S/T is half filler.
NO.
Next.

Well Blind Guardian can get quite angry in their music.
Where? Post some songs.
And Iced Earth = not Euro power metal.

Not really tbh. Also not Euro power metal again. I'm not saying Euro power metal couldn't be angry, just that I've never heard it be angry and you guys haven't either.

Not really tbh. Also not Euro power metal again. I'm not saying Euro power metal couldn't be angry, just that I've never heard it be angry and you guys haven't either.

Then I guess our perceptions of anger differ. Personally, I think Kiuas are far angrier than most power metal, and I think you're being stubborn; because I have heard it be angry. I find these songs to be so. The second verse of the second song ("And the North Star Cried") is extremely angry. The song itself is about the forced conversion of Finland. Seems like a good topic to get pissed about, if you ask me.

Harsh vocals =/= anger.
@mL: lazy. Post me a video.
And obviously US power metal can be angry, but that's practically a different genre.