Controversial opinions on metal

Harsh vocals in DM don't sound angry to me along with the music(majority of the time) which is why I enjoy it because it's not annoying. Can't say I care for angry whiny adolescent sounding music like say black metal for example(my mommy and daddy made me go to church on sunday bullshit waahhhh).
That's not at all what black metal's about. I've never heard a BM band sing sbout there parents making them go to church.

I'm not gonna criticize death metal because I like it myself. Name one BM band who sings about 'whiny' aspects.

Harsh vocals in DM don't sound angry to me along with the music(majority of the time) which is why I enjoy it because it's not annoying. Can't say I care for angry whiny adolescent sounding music like say black metal for example(my mommy and daddy made me go to church on sunday bullshit waahhhh).

I'd say Gojira do a good job of sounding fucking angry. But not in an annoying way, they tend to come across as passionately angry. And what Black metal band talks about their parents doing that? ....

I'm probably the only one, around here anyways, that likes With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness more than TRITSIO.

:lol: @ "Angry", kinda the opposite tbh. I've only heard one Angra song and it was really irritating cheesy happy stuff, which is not to say that I don't like cheesy happy stuff. Anything good by them?

I want to try them again sometime. I thought they were cheesy/lame when I first heard them, but then later I read a good review of them on this classic rock reviewer's site which really surprised me.

Bah, Angra kinda suck. They lack substance. The first album has a couple of REALLY good power metal track, but that's it. They're not really a controversial band.

Cowboys and Power Metal are the only ones worth getting imo

My favorites, but they had good songs here & there after Cowboys, but only enough for about 1/2 an album.