Controversial opinions on metal

Vular, Far Beyond Driven, CFH, are the only albums I would pay money for, so far. Not heard the rest besides Power Metal which I didn't like.

He was a solid guitarist but I think it's funny how so many people fellate his playing as if he was the best guitarist of all time. Also, your avatar is totally gay and I seriously hope you are using it in a non-serious manner. :lol:
You're absolutly correct,he's good but that whole band was just overhyped imo,Damage Plan had some decent songs. Haha,yeah I'm using that avatar just to fuck with people,I guess it's working:lol: You're from Jersey? Did you see Enslaved and Opeth at the Starland ballroom last night? Packed fuckin' show,it was great!:headbang:

Forbidden is coming out with a new album!!! I'm on it like white on rice! Heathen's Victims of Deception was another great classic thrash album.

Yeah, they reunited last year with the Forbidden Evil line-up (sadly minus Bostaph as he's busy with Testament). But since then Glen Alvelais has quit (again) to focus on Tenet, his project with Gene Hoglan and Steve Souza. But Forbidden have replaced him with Steve Smyth (ex-Nevermore and Testament) and are currently writing a new album...

And yeah, Victims of Deception is brilliant. I'm sure their new one will be excellent if the 3 demos they released in 2005 are anything to go by. They're three of the finest thrash songs to appear in the last ten years, check them out for sure if you haven't heard them!

You're absolutly correct,he's good but that whole band was just overhyped imo,Damage Plan had some decent songs. Haha,yeah I'm using that avatar just to fuck with people,I guess it's working:lol: You're from Jersey? Did you see Enslaved and Opeth at the Starland ballroom last night? Packed fuckin' show,it was great!:headbang:

No, I wasn't there. I wanted to see Enslaved but also didn't want to spend $30.00 + just for them.

I'm not an Opeth fan. In fact, their music bores me to tears so like I said, there's no way in hell I was going to spend that money to see Enslaved play four songs.

Enslaved is very cool live, but they really need to play some of their classics. I saw them in November of 2007, and I think they only played one song from Frost (out of about 10-11). Nothing from VV or Hordanes Land.

I got to see them in 2000 or 2001. I can't remember which year specifically because I went to a lot of shows from 1999-2002, but I can tell you they were amazing back then.

They're still excellent. I don't care about their latest work but they still made those songs into one hell of an experience. This one bit of seeing "As Fire Swept Clean the Earth" front row still sticks out as the most memorable mental memory of any live show I've seen (though that number is fairly limited).

A new list for you all.

Dream Theater are boring and overrated.
Iced Earth are better than Testament.
New Motorhead albums suck.
Nu metal (Slipknot, Korn, Disturbed) should not be on the same platform as metal.

none of those are really controversial except maybe the 2nd one, which i disagree with. (Testament > Iced Earth)

i dislike death metal vocals with a "screaminess" to them. sounds weak. unfortunately, a lot of bands have this, even some classic ones.

none of those are really controversial except maybe the 2nd one, which i disagree with. (Testament > Iced Earth)

i dislike death metal vocals with a "screaminess" to them. sounds weak. unfortunately, a lot of bands have this, even some classic ones.
I know.

The singer of Impending Doom sounds like he was castrated.

on some bands the screaminess is obvious (Death, Obituary) some to a lesser extent (even great swedish DM like Dismember and Entombed have some). i like these bands, just saying they would be better if the growls were totally deep and low, with little to no hint of screaminess at all.

A new list for you all.

Dream Theater are boring and overrated.
Iced Earth are better than Testament.
New Motorhead albums suck.
Nu metal (Slipknot, Korn, Disturbed) should not be on the same platform as metal.

Hmm, not sure about the Iced Earth and Testament one.

I generally love both bands.

Impending Doom is awful Christianity peddling trying to cash in on deathcore and making fools of themselves in the process. They are one of the worst bands I've heard in quite a while... even worse than some of their shitty counterparts Underneath the Gun and With Blood Comes Cleansing.

And deep guttural death growls didnt really exist when Death and Obituary started... Personally, Obituary is one of my favorite dm bands, and I think the vox fits just fine.

Impending Doom is awful Christianity peddling trying to cash in on deathcore and making fools of themselves in the process. They are one of the worst bands I've heard in quite a while... even worse than some of their shitty counterparts Underneath the Gun and With Blood Comes Cleansing.

And deep guttural death growls didnt really exist when Death and Obituary started... Personally, Obituary is one of my favorite dm bands, and I think the vox fits just fine.
I agree. Christianity and metal don't go well together.

Can anyone else think of a band that has failed harder than Impending Doom?
And I think Chris Barnes is the greatest death growler; but his worth with Cannibal Corpse is better than his work with Six Feet Under.