Controversial opinions on metal

controversial opinion:

Freedom Call (at least the first three), rule a whole bunch for the most part. I think the main reason people complain is because of the vocals. Which I don't mind but I can see people sort of not digging them. But if for example the Lost Horizon guy sang for them people would be all over the band. They have a lot of heavy riff presence which is unusual for how upbeat it is, insanely catchy melodies, and an old school Helloween feel which sounds authentic.

if you hate the singing, just imagine the power/speed singer of your choice on there, and see how good the band used to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida owns your ass. You just don't realise this because your small mind is not able to encompass such a magnitude of ownage. You cannot see the shackles to which you are bound, and thus are forever doomed to languish in your inferior reality where you are perpetually a slave to your ignorance.

doesn't change the fact that it's still a dumb song.

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida owns your ass. You just don't realise this because your small mind is not able to encompass such a magnitude of ownage. You cannot see the shackles to which you are bound, and thus are forever doomed to languish in your inferior reality where you are perpetually a slave to your ignorance.

doesn't change the fact that it's still a dumb song.

I see...

wat

If experimental metal with pure fantasy lyrics is the angriest thing you've ever heard, you must listen to like 2-3 subgenres of metal.

Try some Ministry, and learn what angry is all about.

IMO, people often misinterpret anger for heaviness or aggressiveness. I mean like, real, raw anger. You listen to it and it doesn't anger you, it doesn't really pump you up, but you can feel the anger and despair and hate that the musician who wrote it has gone through in their life.

IMO, people often misinterpret anger for heaviness or aggressiveness. I mean like, real, raw anger. You listen to it and it doesn't anger you, it doesn't really pump you up, but you can feel the anger and despair and hate that the musician who wrote it has gone through in their life.

My, your enlightening interpretation of the word "anger" transcends the common man. So much so, that I shall dub you "Saint Anger".