Controversial opinions on metal

I really don't see anything irritating in burping or pig-like vocals in brutal slam, in fact it enhances the brutality IMO.

It's just silly. It's not that it's too brutal, it makes it impossible to take seriously. It takes me out of the listening experience and reminds me that the drums sound like someone hitting a cardboard box with a spoon, the guitars are downtuned sludge, etc. Basically, slam vocals make me see/hear metal from the eyes/ears of a non-metal head, and it's really silly.

the pig thing doesn't bother me too much but the gutteral burping just sounds a bit silly to me.

I didn't like it until I acknowledged that it was suppose to resemble the sound of puking out of your asshole that is located in your mouth. That made me respect it. After that, it grew on me and I started doing it myself.

I want the next Burzum album to be digital, similar to Hliðskjálf. It would be great to hear if he can develope this style even further. Most people don't know how damn good that album is imo, I think many people got turned off by Dauði Baldrs and just skipped it. This electronic style would really be something fresh if Varg continued on it I think.

In the grand scheme of things, neither of those albums is very unique or standout among electronic ambient music, so I'd have to disagree with you there.

He didn't say they were unique. Standout is his opinion, though I also bet he hasn't heard a lot of really awesome electronic albums (I need to catch up on this too). But there are some songs on Hliðskjálf that rule.

I want the next Burzum album to be digital, similar to Hliðskjálf. It would be great to hear if he can develope this style even further. Most people don't know how damn good that album is imo, I think many people got turned off by Dauði Baldrs and just skipped it. This electronic style would really be something fresh if Varg continued on it I think.

Varg's ambient works are excellent, including Dauði Baldrs. I could careless what he does. I have the upmost faith and admiration in Varg to know that whatever he makes will not disappoint. Whatever he does, his music needs to evolve and progress as he has.

He didn't say they were unique. Standout is his opinion, though I also bet he hasn't heard a lot of really awesome electronic albums (I need to catch up on this too). But there are some songs on Hliðskjálf that rule.

Yeah, I'll admit I haven't heard a lot of electronic, but when it comes to artists in black metal he's the most talented person I have ever heard, and from that point of view it would be great to get a new electronic album to add to his standout talent imo. I fear that a regular guitars and drums album would sound more like rehashed material, although that's not certain either.

Yeah, !T.O.O.H.! is too goofy and silly sounding and not as majestic or just plain fantastic as LA.

I like the 'goofy' , 'silly', stuff that !T.O.O.H! delivers... it's kind of like a jazzy insano thrash.

Elvenefris is a great album, no doubt. It reminds me of Soul of a New Machine era Fear Factory combined with some awesome tech death. I prefer !T.O.O.H!, however, and challenge anyone to find me a band that does either of these bands' styles better than they do.

Well, Discharge does fucking rule, I find other albums to be much more angry. I say Crass is.

Anyways, Discharge rules.

I've been listening to Celtic Frost's To Mega Therion alot lately and tbh, I think its the angriest thing I've ever heard.

wat

If experimental metal with pure fantasy lyrics is the angriest thing you've ever heard, you must listen to like 2-3 subgenres of metal.

Try some Ministry, and learn what angry is all about.