Controversial opinions on metal

goddamnit Tara. now I feel like shit for not attending. thanks a lot, jerkface.

:wave:

viewer_from_nihil said:
eh, I'm not losing any sleep over it. I made the mistake of going to a Nile concert that had some scene bands opening up for them and I didn't feel like making that mistake again.

See, I understand not going to a show because of the bands, but not going because of the other people attending is just kind of silly. I missed Enslaved last week because I didn't feel like spending $30.00 to see them play four songs, watch a bunch of horrible locals and fall asleep during Opeth. :D

Controversial, eh? I personally like Shadows Fall. Been listening to them ever since I was 9 years old. Their last two albums were shit, but their old material was very good in my opinion. (and by very good, I mean for metalcore's standards.) And Sonic Syndicate is quite possibly the worst band I have ever heard that is considered to be metal. If you have anything worse feel free to let me know.

Hate Forest are OK.

I'm sad about not being able to go to Enslaved/Opeth or (especially) Carcass, freshman year has been very busy : (

New list.

Burzum is better than Mayhem (though you can't really compare them).
Some metalcore/deathcore is decent.
Cradle of Filth's first four albums are great.
1349 is nothing special.
Wormed are awesome.
Ministry are awesome.
Black Metal is better than Death Metal imo.

New list.

Burzum is better than Mayhem (though you can't really compare them). no opinion
Some metalcore/deathcore is decent. agree
Cradle of Filth's first four albums are great. agree
1349 is nothing special. no opinion
Wormed are awesome. yuck
Ministry are awesome. who?
Black Metal is better than Death Metal imo. FUCK NO

Black metal has more of an epic feel to it and it incoporates more talent than DM. The majority of death metal musicians today are overweight junkies growling about mutilating women.

While I do enjoy some death metal, black > death.

black metal evokes a gr1m and kvlt forest atmosphere, while death metal evokes a let's kill people and smash things atmosphere, and i prefer the latter by far.

Black metal has more of an epic feel to it and it incoporates more talent than DM. The majority of death metal musicians today are overweight junkies growling about mutilating women.

While I do enjoy some death metal, black > death.

Alot of death metal nowadays seems to be steering away from the mutilation lyrics to be honest (although you listen to BDM and slam so that might be why you're saying that...)... even Devourment's newest release seems to be turning away from them.

And... Most Black Metal bores the fuck out of me and I hate most black metal vocals compared to death vox. =/

My opinion should be obvious here.

The black metal vs death metal argument is pretty pointless. Everyone has their own specific tastes in music and reasons why they may like one genre more than the other. There's no right or wrong answer here.