Controversial opinions on metal

I actually get bored listening to a lot of Iron Maiden albums.

Harsh vocals are overrated and overused in metal. There are only a limited number of vocalists with interesting harsh vocals that add to the music.

well it's true. Don't interpret it as extreme metal sucks, because that's not what I mean and in fact I like it, vocals and all.

a friend of mine once said "if you can understand the vocals, it probably sucks"

anywho, why is your avatar Time Does Not Heal? that's easily the worst Dark Angel record, ever.

Did it not occur to you that I might like it? Don't try and say their debut is better. Their debut is quite shit.

I actually get bored listening to a lot of Iron Maiden albums.

Harsh vocals are overrated and overused in metal. There are only a limited number of vocalists with interesting harsh vocals that add to the music.

Agree but also disagree, most are not interesting, but they all do add to the intensity of the music. Depends on which you prefer, intense or interesting.....both at once is bonus.

'Harsh' Vocals can sound great, and so can 'Clean' vocals, to me it's just the emotion put in to the vocals. If the singer sounds like he's reading the vocals off a page, or like he's just talking normally with little to no 'emotion', then they suck dick no matter if they are growled or operatic. Most high pitched vocals do get on my nerves though, with a few exceptions like King Diamond.