Controversial opinions on metal

Neurosis is what Isis aspired to be up through Panopticon, and ultimately failed to become.

I don't think so. Isis are coming from a completely different angle than Neurosis. The influence is definitely there, but I don't think they aspire/aspired to be them.

Here's another one from me

Officium Triste - Bland/generic doom metal. Nothing new, nothing intresting. Listenable, but not something you'd want to listen to again. I can't believe I've had them on my song lists as long as I have hoping something would click. It's official now, DELETE.

I just believe that we should never forget our history, however gay it may be

Too Fast For Love isn't even gay, it's just really good. Shout At The Devil is gay but awesome. Theater of Pain was pretty mediocre but Home Sweet Home was fun (and gay). Dr. Feelgood was intensely gay but had some really good songs. Everything after that was dog shit except for the song Misunderstood, but not the album version of that song, which is long and boring, only the edited version that was on the Red, White, and Crue greatest hits sets.

Speaking of which, that collection is honestly one of the most comprehensive greatest hits sets I've ever seen. If you want to try Motley, get that.

They make up for the lack of "atmosphere" with a surplus of intense crushing brutality. And I think Effigy has plenty of disturbing, chaotic energy that could be considered very atmospheric.

Well I am stoned at the moment:p
It all comes down to the singers. If i dislike a singer, i dislike the band etc. Both bands are held on a pedestal by the whole metal community which I don't agree with. Bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Venom, Bathory should receive more praise than Priest or Maiden. While Priest has a few good drinking songs "Livin' After Midnight" and others, they just aren't my thing. And the only song by Maiden that I can tolerate is 2 Minutes Til Midnight.

a few good drinking songs??? The painkiller album... the songs, painkiller, metal meltdown, between the hammer and the anvil, night crawler, hell patrol, all guns blazing.... basically the whole album... WOW!! :headbang:

Too Fast For Love isn't even gay, it's just really good. Shout At The Devil is gay but awesome. Theater of Pain was pretty mediocre but Home Sweet Home was fun (and gay). Dr. Feelgood was intensely gay but had some really good songs. Everything after that was dog shit except for the song Misunderstood, but not the album version of that song, which is long and boring, only the edited version that was on the Red, White, and Crue greatest hits sets.

Speaking of which, that collection is honestly one of the most comprehensive greatest hits sets I've ever seen. If you want to try Motley, get that.

The John Corabi Crue album is real good. Have you heard the whole thing?