Controversial opinions on metal

*ehem*

ya I've pretty much have to bring this up. I've been trying all day to see the light and still to no avail. If anything I probably hate this band more than ever before.

ISIS> Neurosis (waits for base delta to log on)

fuck Isis. they're like the faggot hipster post-rock version of Neurosis.

Isis are awesome and Oceanic pounds your head into mush.

Neurosis sounds the same on every single release. They have as much variety as toilet paper.

Toilet paper has a lot of variety tbh. Softer, thicker, more ply, less ply, different scents, patterns, I could go on for a while really.

k..umm

NEUROSIS HAS AS MUCH VARIETY AS TOOTHPICKS!!

toothpicks can be used for quite varied purposes

toothpicks.jpg

They are not merely for sandwiches or teeth-picking

k..umm

NEUROSIS HAS AS MUCH VARIETY AS TOOTHPICKS!!

This is blatantly wrong considering that Neurosis started out as a d-beat hardcore punk act, slowly added in elements of doom to create a sludge sound, threw in ambient elements as well as tribal music, and then just fucked shit up tons over their career.

It is ridiculous to criticize them for being samey across their discography because it is just not true.

So far I've heard through silver in blood, the eye of every storm, and a sun that never sets. Alot sounds samey to me. This opinion might change over time.....might.

Which album did you hear?

And anyone who'd rather listen to Isis has absolute shit taste in music. Neurosis is what Isis aspired to be up through Panopticon, and ultimately failed to become.

I won't deny that I love Celestial and Oceanic though.

>_> So you heard basically their worst of their sludge works. Check out Through Silver in Blood and Times of Grace (but with ToG make sure you have a synced version, with the Neurosis and Tribes of Neurot albums merged into one. I can provide if needed...)