Controversial opinions on metal

yeah effigy is awesomely atmospheric

i prefer incantation to immolation too, and i like mortal throne more than onward to golgotha which is even more controversial

All of those three are great, but for me it's propably Suffocation > Incantation > Immolation.

Shout at the Devil is an awesome album
There really are some gems in glam (like Out of the Cellar by Ratt)

Skid Row's first two are pretty great, but they were actually more metal than glam imo

Skid Row's first two are pretty great, but they were actually more metal than glam imo

I definitely agree. The first album I ever purchased was 'Slave to the Grind' when I was 5. They were my favorite band until I was 13 and heard Katatonia. Sebastian's voice is one of the greatest...period.

Faster Pussycat is good, too.

The John Corabi Crue album is real good. Have you heard the whole thing?

Yeah, for some reason I own everything they've done through New Tattoo (Generation Swine is one of the worst albums ever released by anyone). I didn't really like the move towards gritty unsexy grunge/metal, considering that where the Crue excels is sleazy, sexy gay hair metal. It's not horrible, though. I'll give it another listen, just for you.

I'm pretty sure this is controversial around here.

Gojira are great.

Controversial? really? I fucking love them, although Way of all flesh wasn't as magical as FMTS. I saw them at the Underworld a few months ago ( a really small venue in London) and it was probably the best live performance I've seen.

Yeah, for some reason I own everything they've done through New Tattoo (Generation Swine is one of the worst albums ever released by anyone). I didn't really like the move towards gritty unsexy grunge/metal, considering that where the Crue excels is sleazy, sexy gay hair metal. It's not horrible, though. I'll give it another listen, just for you.

How sweet of you! However, you should give it another spin for yourself, not me. :oops:

Gojira are good, as long as they stay as far away from that robotic vox vocal modulator as possible...

because it's gay

Opinion: Stop filming your shitty ass black metal vids in Norwegian forests when we all know your neighboring country of Sweden has twice the scenic forests in the south (Norway doesn't go that far south for the geographically handicapped), if you are serious about your music video, at least take the time to match the atmosphere of the music with the atmosphere of the Skåne forests, i.e OSTARP skog!

Of course the profit made from black metal albums might not be enough to pay for the train ticket back to Norway, so that might be the underlying cause!