Controversial opinions on metal

Megadeth were good live, I like some songs. Every now and then I'll be in a Megadeth mood and I'll really enjoy them.

I'm saying there are countless of musicians that are technically superior to Metallica..and when comparing success and praise, I'd say Metallica is vastly overrated

Well, ok, that basically says bands/musicians should be judged solely by technicality, and the world would be better if fans of the electric guitar said things like "fuck Hendrix, listen to some Michael Angelo Batio."

No not at all, we are talking about overrated bands...I'm merely saying that Metallica are getting more praise than I think they deserve, I'm not saying they suck and that I only listen to technical metal..take doom metal for example, the emphasis isn't on technicality but on the groove and the slow tempo

but to have half the globe claim that Candlemass is the greatest band of all time bar none would lead to me say: "I think Candlemass are overrated"

This is true, but considering that Metallica's prime came before *most* of those technical metal bands AND their sound is far more accessible to the masses than just about any other metal band with any degree of technicality AND a massive proportion of the noobs claiming Metallica is the best band ever bar none worship the stuff like The Black Album and Death Magnetic anyway (thus pushing aside and almost underrating the classics)...we might just have to live with it.

Well hold on, wouldn't you agree then that Metallica are overrated?

Sure they wrote some catchy tunes, but I'll be damned if I see the day that Metallica will be able to play The Burning Pits of The Duat...meanwhile thousands of garage bands all over the world jam Metallica tunes just for shits and giggles...
Metallica has written several albums worth of songs that are better than the Burning Pits, though. I actually don't think any of Metallica's albums are overrated. The first three are all amazing albums that get heaps of praise, And Justice For All is an excellent album that gets lots of praise, the Black Album is a good album that gets a surprising amount of hate, Load and Reload are tolerable rock albums that get tons of hate, and St Anger and Death Magnetic get shitloads of hate.

Megadeth were good live, I like some songs. Every now and then I'll be in a Megadeth mood and I'll really enjoy them.
Megadeth were good like, but both times Dave just stood there and completely ignored the crowd. That stopped being cool a long time ago. The bassist is really eager to please, though.

The only bad album Megadeth has put out is UA, tbh imo
If you think The World Needs A Hero is a good album but the new Kreator sucks, I'm going to put you on ignore.