Controversial opinions on metal

I've never heard a single Cure song, but I can definitely tell that you don't know what you're talking about and should probably try looking beyond the surface at some point in time.

I've never heard a single Cure song, but I can definitely tell that you don't know what you're talking about and should probably try looking beyond the surface at some point in time.

You've never heard a single Cure song but magically you know that I don't know what I'm talking about? You're a fucking moron...

I grew up on the Cure, Sisters of Mercy, and The The... I've heard this shit relentlessly since the mid 80s alright? I know exactly what the fuck I'm talking about

Now next time you decide to sound like a fucking moron, at least don't admit in the beginning of your post

Oh and in case you haven't noticed, this thread is called "Controversial opinions on metal", if you can't handle the fact that someone is bashing on your favorite band then maybe you're the one that shouldn't be posting here

i meant why are you still posting on this forum when it's clearly called ultimate metal rather than ultimate moron

You've never heard a single Cure song but magically you know that I don't know what I'm talking about? You're a fucking moron...

I grew up on the Cure, Sisters of Mercy, and The The... I've heard this shit relentlessly since the mid 80s alright? I know exactly what the fuck I'm talking about

Now next time you decide to sound like a fucking moron, at least don't admit in the beginning of your post

I'm not saying that you aren't familiar with the style and the bands mentioned, it's just that your use of "fag image" and "sucking dick" makes me think you're some Pantera fan that passively listens to music.

i meant why are you still posting on this forum when it's clearly called ultimate metal rather than ultimate moron

:D I like your style, and I'm not being sarcastic

Addo_Of_Nex said:
I'm not saying that you aren't familiar with the style and the bands mentioned, it's just that your use of "fag image" and "sucking dick" makes me think you're some Pantera fan that passively listens to music.

Well, I actually still listen to Pantera occasionally, but I'm definitely no passive music listener, I'm a musician myself so I engorge myself in music AMAP!

And yeah I'm narrow minded when it comes to the image of a band too, any band that smears lipstick all over their faces and wears mascara + eyeshadow etc etc doesn't go well with me..and sucking dick is just the elongated version of saying "sucks/blows" so no harm done there.

i can personally guarantee the cure were at one time more *metal* in spirit than 99% of the shit you listen to.

I've said this same thing to many people. Their first, I'll say 8, records are unbelievable. Three Imaginary Boys is quite a debut, Faith is darker than any black metal band, Disintegration has 'Lullabye' so bow. Kiss Me is the saddest pop album on earth, etc, etc. If I were thrust into a situation and could choose only one band to listen to for eternity, it'd be between The Cure, Katatonia, and Alice In Chains. Not Slayer or some bullshit.

And yeah I'm narrow minded when it comes to the image of a band too, any band that smears lipstick all over their faces and wears mascara + eyeshadow etc etc doesn't go well with me..and sucking dick is just the elongated version of saying "sucks/blows" so no harm done there.

But when a band, a la The Cure, can smear lipstick and wear mascara AND STILL be that dark, that emotive, that deep...your comment just made you my least favorite poster.

I don't think that's too controversial really, especially since the major opinions are that Helloween peaked in the early years, and that Blind Guardian peaked in the mid 90's.

Guess it makes sense.

But I was talking strictly speed metal material, so the Keeper albums don't count as early Helloween.

Deicide last albums are boring.
Total Death is a good album.
Beyond Sanctorum is Therion's best.
Behemoth BM stuff is better than their DM.
The vocals of Organic Hallucinosis ruin the album.

But when a band, a la The Cure, can smear lipstick and wear mascara AND STILL be that dark, that emotive, that deep...your comment just made you my least favorite poster.

Jesus, read between the lines, I said the IMAGE, I completely understand that the image has nothing at all to do with the music, and I specifically stated that to make sure you didn't think I judged their "talent" by the way they looked

However I still think they look gay, and I still think their music is terrible

But I'm not here to change your mind so I'm going to drop it, too many The Cure fagboys in this thread I'm not even gonna bother getting worked up on this shit

Just for the record though, please explain to me how being dark and emo makes them metal in spirit...and additionally for the record, DEFINE metal while you're at it