Controversial opinions on metal

Deicide last albums are boring.
Behemoth BM stuff is better than their DM.
The vocals of Organic Hallucinosis ruin the album.

The Stench of Redemption is a cool album (great guitar work)...Till Death Do Us Part was disappointing.

No way, Behemoth's DM stuff is better.

True, vocals of Organic Hallucinosis are damn annoying. But it's still a strong album.

Suffocation and Incantation are boring.
Maranatha is just as good if not better than Salvation.

Suffocation and Incantation are boring

Suffocation are boring

Suffocation

FAGpic.jpg

Vocals ruin Suffocation for me, and within a while of listening the instruments get old.
I listen to them like I listen to slayer, good for a few listens but it gets old quickly.

imo Mortuus' vocals are stronger on Maranatha, though I will say that the instruments on Salvation are better.

My controversial opinion, even though it isn't really a proper one, is that I'm actually usually not in the mood for real extreme metal and most of my metal listening involves some variation of tradition/doom/heavy or power metal. It's not that I find much extreme metal too heavy or I can't get into it, it's just I comparatively rarely feel like putting some on. I mean maybe once a week as opposed to listening to the other genres I listed nearly every day.

Besides Morbid Angel and Carcass, I really just like that doomy death metal now like Incantation and modern stuff. I like Suffocation but personally last time I listened to them, I remember thinking that I wish they sounded dark/darker and something about the production..

How do the vocals ruin Suffocation? Do you like any death metal?

Hard to really explain, I just find them dull, it has the same effect as George fisher's vocals. Something about the pitch and how the words are delivered just gets old for me.

I like blackened death and stuff similar to Carcass, Exhumed, ect.

New opinion: Extreme metal bands should not be allowed to have keyboardists as members. They can use some keys on their albums, but no keyboardists as full time members. 99% of the time the results are just fucking gay.