Controversial opinions on metal

Well I like them and they have a lot of Metalisms in there music which I find catchy, not that it's a popular opinion around here and that's why I posted it in this topic.

If a metalhead can't enjoy this, you take yourself to seriously.

And here is the Sum 41 Metallica Tribute.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that first song wasn't a minute long it could have been really good. On the subject of "false metal" bands doing decent stuff, I must say that Disturbed's Ten Thousand Fists utterly rapes every fairy-assed Kamelot/Wintersun/Bal-Sagoth symphonic/progressive faggot metal band.

If that first song wasn't a minute long it could have been really good. On the subject of "false metal" bands doing decent stuff, I must say that Disturbed's Ten Thousand Fists utterly rapes every fairy-assed Kamelot/Wintersun/Bal-Sagoth symphonic/progressive faggot metal band.

Disturbed are one of the most uninspired, "change to fit what's popular", dully performed, cliche-riffing bands i've ever heard.

I haven't really seen much change in Disturbed over the years other than slightly catchier, though simple, riffs. I like a handful of Disturbed songs but won't defend them as anything more than "fun", not to mention something on hand to put on when hanging out with friends that can't handle anything heavier.

"Ten Thousand Fists" is one of the worst "metal" albums I have ever heard. How the fuck can you put great bands like Wintersun, Kamelot and Bal-Sagoth (Starfire anyone?) in the same sentence. Its a disgrace.
Disturbed also got one of the most annoying vocalists ever. Id rather listen to Fred Durst then him.

:zombie:

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ten Thousand Fists" is one of the worst "metal" albums I have ever heard. How the fuck can you put great bands like Wintersun, Kamelot and Bal-Sagoth (Starfire anyone?) in the same sentence. Its a disgrace.
Disturbed also got one of the most annoying vocalists ever. Id rather listen to Fred Durst then him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQBNH3UFEC0
:zombie:

I have to say Disturbed is a very horrible band.Holy shit their lead singer is so bad it makes Durst look like Halford.
And that song:zombie::zombie:

I tried to get into disturbed, I honestly felt like a retard trying to even listen to them. Their overall image is just flawed because they aim towards more of the heavy scene when they are fairly light and melodic.

I will admit I almost like the guitar work. vocalist just ruins it with the random gesture sounds.

I tried to get into disturbed, I honestly felt like a retard trying to even listen to them. Their overall image is just flawed because they aim towards more of the heavy scene when they are fairly light and melodic.

I will admit I almost like the guitar work. vocalist just ruins it with the random gesture sounds.

i have to aggre with you on their vocalist. If I want to hear monkey noise then I will go to the zoo.

Disturbed was the first heavy-ish band I ever listened to, so they hold a special place in my heart.

OO-WAH-AH-AH-AH!

Disturbed are one of the bands I listened to when I was first getting into metal. Sort of like how I used to watch Dragonball Z and shit like that when I was a kid; now that would just be embarrassing.

Disturbed are one of the bands I listened to when I was first getting into metal. Sort of like how I used to watch Dragonball Z and shit like that when I was a kid; now that would just be embarrassing.

Watching Dragonball Z is not embarrassing at all, and if it was still on, I would definitely watch and worship it.

---

Can you feel that?
Ah, shit

Drowning deep in my sea of loathing
Broken your servant I kneel
(Will you give in to me?)
It seems what's left of my human side
Is slowly changing in me

Looking at my own reflection
When suddenly it changes
Violently it changes (oh no)
There is no turning back now
You've woken up the demon in me

[Chorus:]
Get up, come on get down with the sickness [x3]
Open up your hate, and let it flow into me
Get up, come on get down with the sickness
You mother get up come on get down with the sickness
You fucker get up come on get down with the sickness
Madness is the gift, that has been given to me

I can see inside you, the sickness is rising
Don't try to deny what you feel
It seems that all that was good has died
And is decaying in me

It seems you're having some trouble
In dealing with these changes
Living with these changes (oh no)
The world is a scary place
Now that you've woken up the demon in me

[Chorus]

(And when I dream) [x4]
No mommy, don't do it again
Don't do it again
I'll be a good boy
I'll be a good boy, I promise
No mommy don't hit me
Why did you have to hit me like that, mommy?
Don't do it, you're hurting me
Why did you have to be such a bitch
Why don't you,
Why don't you just fuck off and die
Why can't you just fuck off and die
Why can't you just leave here and die
Never stick your hand in my face again bitch
FUCK YOU
I don't need this shit
You stupid sadistic abusive fucking whore
How would you like to see how it feels mommy
Here it comes, get ready to die