Controversial opinions on metal

I got into Disturbed when they first came around back when I was in like 5th grade or something. I loved them and thought they were the greatest band that ever existed haha. They now have a very strong nostalgic value attached to them. Only the first two records though. I was done with them by that point. I used to listen to them while I played Everquest so now I always think of the two at the same time. Also, the comments about the vocalist are way off base. I still think he has a good voice despite thinking the band is lame.

"Ten Thousand Fists" is one of the worst "metal" albums I have ever heard. How the fuck can you put great bands like Wintersun, Kamelot and Bal-Sagoth (Starfire anyone?) in the same sentence. Its a disgrace.
Disturbed also got one of the most annoying vocalists ever. Id rather listen to Fred Durst then him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQBNH3UFEC0
:zombie:

That's not Ten Thousand Fists fucktard.

It's not brilliant, but the vocals aren't fairyland, there's no bullshit omnipresent neoclassical keyboard wankery, the songs are short and efficiently written, and it actually has riffs. Same goes for Avenged Sevenfold's City of God. Both of those albums are much closer to "true" metal than all the ambient blackened symphonic progressive pretentious crap that is accepted these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that first riff was pretty cool...they probably should have just played it for three minutes. His vocals are fine, tbh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyHA940QEY4

It's not brilliant, but the vocals aren't fairyland, there's no bullshit omnipresent neoclassical keyboard wankery, the songs are short and efficiently written, and it actually has riffs. Same goes for Avenged Sevenfold's City of God. Both of those albums are much closer to "true" metal than all the ambient blackened symphonic progressive pretentious crap that is accepted these days.

:lol:

Velvet Cacoon is a good band.
Second. Genevieve is amongst my favourite black/ambient records.

I don't understand the hate for them.
Who gives a fuck if they stole some shoegaze music and pretended it was their own? They are still talented musicians and nothing anyone says can ever contradict that.

Another opinion:
Darkthrone's recent material is laughable.

Same goes for Avenged Sevenfold's City of God.

I know that, but all the Disturbed albums sounds the same shitty way anyways. (With an little exception of "Believe") And its not called City of God...fucktard! Its called City of Evil, and its good. So I can agree on that I guess. But I would not compare it to any extreme metal.:lol:

Schwärzung;8791997 said:
Another opinion:
Darkthrone's recent material is laughable.

Laughable, yes. But in a good old school punk-ish way...which makes it cool.