Controversial opinions on metal

That's not Ten Thousand Fists fucktard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyHA940QEY4

It's not brilliant, but the vocals aren't fairyland, there's no bullshit omnipresent neoclassical keyboard wankery, the songs are short and efficiently written, and it actually has riffs. Same goes for Avenged Sevenfold's City of God. Both of those albums are much closer to "true" metal than all the ambient blackened symphonic progressive pretentious crap that is accepted these days.

That is a shitty song you posted.

It's not brilliant, but the vocals aren't fairyland, there's no bullshit omnipresent neoclassical keyboard wankery, the songs are short and efficiently written, and it actually has riffs. Same goes for Avenged Sevenfold's City of God. Both of those albums are much closer to "true" metal than all the ambient blackened symphonic progressive pretentious crap that is accepted these days.

This post represents everything I hate about metal - I much prefer that "ambient blackened symphonic progressive pretentious crap" to whatever HamburgerBoy considers "true metal".

And Fairyland is great.

That's not Ten Thousand Fists fucktard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyHA940QEY4

Disturbed is fine. How can you smack around about Ten Thousand Fists. Come on now.

Thats fine with me. I'm just saying. I mean even if you listen to them, you know right off the bat one is way better than the other.

I like what I have hear from Fairyland.Wait shit like Monkeyturbed and Avenged Gayfold is true metal but Fairyland is not?

I wasn't talking about Fairyland the band (their name is too faggy for me to bother), but fairyland to describe a vocalist whose voice belongs in a world filled with butterflies and rainbows. The Disturbed guy's vocals even in their most whiny melodic moments are more manly than a lot of flower metal.

Marco's voice doesn't actually sound like it's from a world filled with butterflies. That fucker can wail, and half the time it sounds like he's screaming from the depths of a war-torn abyss. Still cheesy as hell mind you, but nothing like, for instance, Freedom Call's vocalist.

This will over-whelmingly be called "wrong" not controversial but:

I would much rather listen to Draiman all day (even the annoying monkey grunts) than listen to Halford, Ozzy, King Diamond, Dave Mustaine, or Dio for one song.

This is purely referencing the vocalists, not their respective band's talent.