Controversial opinions on metal

Well Schaffer better step up in the song-writing department for the conclusion of the trilogy. This last offering was pretty yawnerrific. Like 2 decent songs and everything else was just one plodding generic mid-tempo to slow riff after another.

Of their last two albums, the one with Owens was much better than the one with Barlow.

Also, Barlow was not a good fit for Pyramaze. King was much better.

King is one of my favorite metal vocalists of all time to this day for several years now. I definitley agree, I hate how King is not in that band anymore. He made it so great!!! Then Barlow came in and it was never the same.

Perhaps for those albums Owens was fine but for the band overall, Barlow was just better. In fact, I think John Greely might have possibly been the best vocalist Iced Earth had and should have kept.

Why does everyone respect Night of the Stormrider? Aside from the embarrassing artwork and stupid lyrics, it's seriously mediocre. Something Wicked actually has a number of decent songs on it, though.

WHEN THE EAGLE CRIEEEEEEES!

how could they? they will pay!

One of the most horridly homosexual songs I have ever heard.

The only Iced Earth I have ever enjoyed is Alive in Athens strangely enough. Something about the live energy made it interesting and fun to listen to.