Controversial opinions on metal

The only Iced Earth I have ever enjoyed is Alive in Athens strangely enough. Something about the live energy made it interesting and fun to listen to.

True, especially the first of the three discs, which has Dante's Inferno. That's a great live album.

Other than that, I enjoy Horror Show.

They'll be playing here for the first time in February, I'll probably be there.

Iced Earth are pretty bad imo and has about three good songs (s/t, Stormrider and Burnt Offerings, just realised that all are title tracks, funny).

Who needs Nightwish when you can listen to Epica. I personally don't mind Nightwish, their older stuff they put out with Tarja on vocals just seems more worthwhile.

Demilich is the most comical band I have ever heard. Those vocals never cease to brighten my day.

The majority of black metal (and metal in general) sucks.

You're real cool, going against the grain like that. You must feel unique.

Also the only Iced Earth I care about, is Something Wicked and Horror show tbh.

Who needs Nightwish when you can listen to Epica. I personally don't mind Nightwish, their older stuff they put out with Tarja on vocals just seems more worthwhile.

Epica > Nightwish isn't one bit controversial. I'm sure many would find Epica's music uninspired or not special, but I love a lot of their work, mainly for their tasteful use of operatic vocals , that being my controversial opinion.
Also, besides being one of metal's hottest women, Simone Simmons amazes me the most with her vocal ability.

I like KoRn, that's pretty controversial. Mind you, I always feel guilty while listening to them.
I also enjoyed Death Magnetic and St Anger.

KoRn isn't an awful band, but they recently went down the shitter. They were decent to say the least, alot better than most of the bands in their genre.

Also, nothing wrong with liking Death Magnetic even though its a very borderline decent album.

@Ananth:

Whoever thinks Epica isn't unique, special, and a good band, they can go screw themselves.

Epica isn't a unique, special or particularly good band. Also, when I went in a store recently I saw their new CD and on the front it had a sticker that said something hilarious like "A full-blown concept album based on QUANTUM PHYSICS!!" :lol: Fucking :lol: