Controversial opinions on metal

I haven't been following this whole debate, but I'll add whatever I can to this already dying conversation.

I'm a Christian myself, but black metal is arguably my favorite genre metal (or at least second to trad. metal). Anyway, the point is that I can reconcile my beliefs with the music because I don't necessarily listen to the extremely satanic or anti-Christian bands. I don't mind listening to bands that might talk about actual historical atrocities that the medieval Catholics committed, but stuff like Deathspell Omega, whose music I enjoy from what I've heard, I don't see myself ever listening to regularly.

The difference is that while Bathory might sing about the Catholics imposing Christianity on Norway, Deathspell Omega sings lyrics that directly against the very theology of Christianity. I don't think that its necessarily a "sin" to listen to lyrics like Deathspell Omega or Amon Amarth (who have songs about killing Christians), in fact I know and sort of envy Christians who can enjoy those bands without guilt. But for me personally, it makes me a little uncomfortable to listen to songs about killing Christians, as well as songs that are theologically against God.

And I think that should be very understandable, just like a Jew being apprehensive about listening to NSBM, or a black refusing to listen to Arghoslent. I myself actually don't listen to either NSBM or Arghoslent based on lyrics alone. Anything that is overtly hateful just makes me uncomfortable.

I don't really find lyrics in any style of music, metal or otherwise, offensive. I even enjoy some pro-Christian artists and I'm an atheist. Johnny Cash is one of my favorite musicians, and about 60 - 70% of his lyrics are about Jesus. I can't stand Christian rock, but it has nothing to do with the lyrical content (rather the low quality, lyrically and instrumentally). A well written lyric should be tolerated by any music lover regardless of the context.

The majority of the bands that I enjoy have satanic/blasphemous lyrics.
I was raised Lutheran,but have never really cared much for religion.
At this point I do believe that both god and satan exist, but that neither have an active role in my life. I'm not going to worry about obeying commands sent by someone that has never done anything for me.
Political lyrics do absolutely nothing for me, but I do enjoy some NSBM bands.
Lyrics about hatred towards whites would be the only thing that I can think of where I may have a problem enjoying a bands music, but even then it wouldn't keep me from giving the band a few listens.

LYRICS ARE WORDS ON A FUCKING PAGE!! WHO GIVES A SHIT?!

I give a shit when they are written like this:

Step inside, walk this way
You and me babe, Hey, hey!

Love is like a bomb, baby, c'mon get it on
Livin' like a lover with a radar phone
Lookin' like a tramp, like a video vamp
Demolition woman, can I be your man?
Razzle 'n' a dazzle 'n' a flash a little light
Television lover, baby, go all night
Sometime, anytime, sugar me sweet
Little miss ah innocent sugar me, yeah

Hey!
C'mon, take a bottle, shake it up
Break the bubble, break it up

Pour some sugar on me
Ooh, in the name of love
Pour some sugar on me
C'mon fire me up
Pour your sugar on me
Oh, I can't get enough

I'm hot, sticky sweet
From my head to my feet yeah

Listen! red light, yellow light, green-a-light go!
Crazy little woman in a one man show
Mirror queen, mannequin, rhythm of love
Sweet dream, saccharine, loosen up

You gotta squeeze a little, squeeze a little
Tease a little more
Easy operator come a knockin' on my door
Sometime, anytime, sugar me sweet
Little miss innocent sugar me, yeah

Take a bottle, shake it up

Pour some sugar on me
Ooh, in the name of love
Pour some sugar on me
C'mon fire me up
Pour your sugar on me
Oh, I can't get enough

I'm hot, sticky sweet
From my head to my feet yeah

[guitar solo]

You got the peaches, I got the cream
Sweet to taste, saccharine
'Cos I'm hot, say what, sticky sweet
From my head, my head, to my feet

Do you take sugar? one lump or two?

Take a bottle, shake it up

Pour some sugar on me
Ooh, in the name of love
Pour some sugar on me
C'mon fire me up
Pour your sugar on me
Oh, I can't get enough
Pour some sugar on me
Oh, in the name of love
Pour some sugar on me
Get it, come get it
Pour your sugar on me
Ooh
Pour some sugar on me
Yeah! Sugar me!

The sheer stupidity of that song should offend anyone, regardless of their political/ethnic/religious orientation.

If we were to send the Somalian children the sugar instead, how would Somalian sugarcane farmers make a living?

Exactly.
We already have to deal with the pirates, why piss off the farmers?

Plus if we did that where would we get pictures of starving children from?