Controversial opinions on metal

Black metal's anti-Christian sentiments aren't directed towards Christians in metal only. Christians are still a large denomination when it comes to, you know, humanity.

How on earth this quote is at all false I have no idea. I'm glad to know I crack you up. Do you always laugh at true statements? Do you really think that the majority of metal fans are Christian? No. I didn't think so.

Go patronise someone else for goodness sake. :Smug:

Gonna be honest and say that I did not see the "When it comes to Heavy Metal" fans part. Please forgive this over site.

ONLY DEATH IS REAL!!!!

Black metal's anti-Christian sentiments aren't directed towards Christians in metal only. Christians are still a large denomination when it comes to, you know, humanity.

Not to mention the fact that Judeo-Christian religion in its secular form (liberal consumer democracy) continues to define the sociopolitical space of the contemporary world.

Geez. You didn't think I meant that Christians are a minority overall? :lol: Fair enough.

I should probably reiterate. I don't have a problem with bands who have a dislike of organised religion really... I dislike the power of the Catholic church for example. However I naturally dislike bands that attack my personal faith.

Why isn't there anti-Islamic BM, I wonder. It's always Jews this and Christians that, borrring! What about Muslims? Are they Satan's spawn, or what? What has made them so immune to the rebellious ideology of Black Metal?

1. Black metal is a phenomenon of the West, and exists in part as a critique of the societies that have developed under the influence of Christianity and Judaism in the West. Islam isn't a significant part of the cultural and political history of Western societies, and therefore is viewed (rightly so) as a non-factor by most black metallers with any real insight into reality.

2. Historically and theologically, Islam is basically the hybrid offspring of both Judaism and Christianity. A critique of Judaism and Christianity is, by default, a critique of Islam (a religion with no intellectual/theological history of its own).

3. Islam is seen, at the very least, as not being infected with the disease of passivity that is the driving force behind the rejection of modern Judeo-Christian thought in metal.

Geez. You didn't think I meant that Christians are a minority overall? :lol: Fair enough.

I should probably reiterate. I don't have a problem with bands who have a dislike of organised religion really... I dislike the power of the Catholic church for example. However I naturally dislike bands that attack my personal faith.

So, basically, your complaint is that they make you feel socially insecure?

Why isn't there anti-Islamic BM, I wonder. It's always Jews this and Christians that, borrring! What about Muslims? Are they Satan's spawn, or what? What has made them so immune to the rebellious ideology of Black Metal?
Take this post with a grain of salt.

While they're not BM, but rather death metal, I'm pretty sure the band Vile has some anti-Islamic lyrics.

So, basically, your complaint is that they make you feel socially insecure?

Hardly socially insecure. It's not like I know many fans of black metal in general, let alone "Unblack metal" or whatever the hell they call it.

I'll put it this way.
I believe in and have faith in Jesus Christ. So when a band goes out the way to sing lyrics about how Jesus Christ and all his followers are going to be devoured by Satan bladebla, I naturally am not too fond of it. Not to mention I think it's absolute gibberish.

I like well-written, thoughtful lyrics, regardless of whether they're spiritual or not.

Being upset because people (in person or on a record, it doesn't matter) fail to agree with your personal beliefs is always about social insecurity. You don't dislike 'Satanic' lyrics because they're 'bad' or not 'thoughtful,' you dislike them because they fail to validate you for what you believe. That's a social objection, not a logical one.

Being upset because people (in person or on a record, it doesn't matter) fail to agree with your personal beliefs is always about social insecurity. You don't dislike 'Satanic' lyrics because they're 'bad' or not 'thoughtful,' you dislike them because they fail to validate you for what you believe. That's a social objection, not a logical one.

Getting annoyed by bands burning down model churches on stage isn't just a "social objection" surely.

It's all just shock tactics - most these bands aren't real "Satanists" (unless they really are bat-shit crazy), they just want to cause a stir. You can't be a satanist and an atheist too is my philosophy.

True, but the lyrics in question are also generally thoughtless and poorly written, which I'm sure plays a part.

True, but the lyrics in question are also generally thoughtless and poorly written, which I'm sure plays a part.

How would we know? All we've got currently is an objection to 'Satanic' lyrics in a completely generalized sense.

I think it's pretty telling that his ultimate complaint is that he can't 'relate' (again, a social rather than creative or logical response) to 'evil' lyrics (whatever those may be).

I believe in and have faith in Jesus Christ. So when a band goes out the way to sing lyrics about how Jesus Christ and all his followers are going to be devoured by Satan bladebla, I naturally am not too fond of it. Not to mention I think it's absolute gibberish.

I like well-written, thoughtful lyrics, regardless of whether they're spiritual or not.

I believe in and have faith in Jesus Christ also. But I also don't let LYRICS in a SONG get in the way of my faith, I am not that INSECURE. I can appreciate good lyrics/music, Satanist or not.

Getting annoyed by bands burning down model churches on stage isn't just a "social objection" surely.

It's all just shock tactics - most these bands aren't real "Satanists" (unless they really are bat-shit crazy), they just want to cause a stir. You can't be a satanist and an atheist too is my philosophy.

Being a Satanist doesn't make one "bat-shit crazy". Having a different religious view than you doesn't make one "bat-shit crazy".

You're pretty close-minded.

Although worshipping the enemy of god version of Satan is pretty stupid...

If you believe in he and god enough that you choose him... wouldnt you believe that all he wants is your soul and would betray you anyway and make you suffer eternally blah blah?

On the flipside of satanic lyrics, I believe overly christian metal cant be very good. It makes the music sound souless and sterile... it becomes more about hey guys we can play with brutality for god than the actual music itself.

Satan is part of the spirit of metal... god isnt.

Although worshipping the enemy of god version of Satan is pretty stupid...
738610Euronymous.jpg

o hai