Controversial opinions on metal

I am the same with you.I don't like Anvil.I can see why they never got big as other bands of their time.

+1

Well, I think that Forged in Fire does have some good songs, but fuck they're overrated. It's really typical rockish metal a few years outdated even in the early 80's, and because they have a handful of speed metal songs people act like they were this huge force on thrash metal and crap. I haven't seen the movie, but if it's as much of a sobfest as I've read then I see no reason to even respect them.

+1

Well, I think that Forged in Fire does have some good songs, but fuck they're overrated. It's really typical rockish metal a few years outdated even in the early 80's, and because they have a handful of speed metal songs people act like they were this huge force on thrash metal and crap. I haven't seen the movie, but if it's as much of a sobfest as I've read then I see no reason to even respect them.

I don't think I heard people talk about this band before the movie came out.

I heard people mention Anvil from time to time in the past, but it was usually in the context of "Oh, I see you like Exciter! Well then, you may like Anvil.".

As for metalcore bands better than KSE, I like Darkest Hour, Shadows Fall, and All That Remains better myself.

This sounds pretty good to me. I agree that maybe them never making it big time is understandable, but having watched the documentary I'd say they deserve better than they get. Someone in the documentary said that they should be able to pull in 1000 people in Europe as a headliner, and I'd say about half that sounds reasonable. Rather than 174 people at a 2000 capacity venue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here ill post samples of what I find to be the best metalcore bands.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkAHoxZm9lA&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFjfksMveh0&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like The Falls Of Ideals and Overcome, which I think is what you're referring to as for ATR becoming gay and boring. There are some pretty weak songs between those albums, but I like how they're starting to utilize a little bit of melodic(power?) metal in their songwriting.