Controversial opinions on metal

Dimmu are richer --> more legit depending on who you ask

There is no legit/not legit. People will like what they like. If you've listened to both A and B then you are well within your right to strongly prefer one over the other.

Did you listen to any of their albums besides Demigod and TA. Evangelion kicked ass.

Evangelion had 1 good song. The opening track. The rest of it was typical Behemoth crap. Demigod and TA were completely fucking horrible. So yeah, in that respect, Evangelion is a step-up.

and yes, when I saw them live with Morbid Angel, I made it a point to listen to all their stuff at least once, the death metal albums a few more times since that's what they were playing. ZKC, Satanica, and Thelema.6 had about 5-7 good songs between the 3 of them.

I put Nile on the same level as Dimmu yes. Nile, Dimmu, Gorgoroth, 1349, Six Feet Under, Cannibal Corpse, Vital Remains, that finnish SFU clone I forget their name, Krisiun, Behemoth, etc. All on the same level of boring shit.

1349 and Cannibal Corpse do sound exactly like Dimmu Borgir, yes.

Yes because clearly I said they all sound alike. That was obviously the point I was making, wasn't it? Reading comprehension is your friend.

As Andy said, I dislike them all about the same. I can't stand any of them, and a lot of them are put up on a pedestal of being "elite" bands of their respective genres for some reason I've yet to figure out.

Evangelion had 1 good song. The opening track. The rest of it was typical Behemoth crap. Demigod and TA were completely fucking horrible. So yeah, in that respect, Evangelion is a step-up.

and yes, when I saw them live with Morbid Angel, I made it a point to listen to all their stuff at least once, the death metal albums a few more times since that's what they were playing. ZKC, Satanica, and Thelema.6 had about 5-7 good songs between the 3 of them.

I put Nile on the same level as Dimmu yes. Nile, Dimmu, Gorgoroth, 1349, Six Feet Under, Cannibal Corpse, Vital Remains, that finnish SFU clone I forget their name, Krisiun, Behemoth, etc. All on the same level of boring shit.

:mad:

Edit: I'm not a fan of 1349 but I don't recall them being on a level of boring shit. And shame on you for putting Gorgoroth on that list, they were actually fairly good in their prime. Early Vital Remains is ownage. Behemoth is good stuff. Cannibal Corpse have some very inspiring albums. Where the hell do you get your shit?

He's no worse than I am, just more blunt.

Metal needs to use more "whoas" like in this song:

Last edited by a moderator:
:mad:

Edit: I'm not a fan of 1349 but I don't recall them being on a level of boring shit. And shame on you for putting Gorgoroth on that list, they were actually fairly good in their prime. Early Vital Remains is ownage. Behemoth is good stuff. Cannibal Corpse have some very inspiring albums. Where the hell do you get your shit?

Gorgoroth has 2 good albums. I'll give you that.
1349 is the Behemoth of the black metal community. Perfect for people who like shitty black metal.

I can't stand Cannibal Corpse, at all. I'll only give them credit as being one of the "important" Florida DM bands. I still hate their music.

If your gona say 1349 is shit I'm fine with that but compare them with another band anyway. Your probably going to get flamed by 12 other people shortly (I predict). I sort of understand where your comming from though. But theres goto be some Cannibal Corpse you like, you can't really hate the band.

People can say what they will. Won't change my mind about these shitty bands put on a pedestal by their fans as some sort of metal elite.

and I've yet to hear any Cannibal Corpse that made me change my mind. I can't stand CC, Hate Eternal or Deicide. I like plenty of Florida DM, just not those.

Butcher At Birth? Gallery Of Suicide? Tomb Of The Mutilated? Your telling me you can't find a song off those albums at least? Screw Hate Eternal but as for Deicide, check out their s/t and legion.

People can say what they will. Won't change my mind about these shitty bands put on a pedestal by their fans as some sort of metal elite.

and I've yet to hear any Cannibal Corpse that made me change my mind. I can't stand CC, Hate Eternal or Deicide. I like plenty of Florida DM, just not those.

Okay its fair enough to not like CC or Hate Eternal but to not like Deicide's s/t or Legion is just mad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll admit it has been at least 5 years since I gave Deicide a fair listen. I definitely remember not liking Legion, Once Upon the Cross, and Serpents of the Light. Didn't bother with anything else.

My friend is a big deicide fan, actually a big death metal fan in general. He pretty much got me into cryptopsy's none so vile.

Speaking of death metal; was listening to hypocrisy's abducted earlier and was pretty bored with it. I couldn't help but feel forced to like it, and kept it on my ipod for a while. In the end it's not that it is a bland album, I just feel for being their pinnacle I was expecting better.

I had also discovered them about 2 years prior and found some songs that were stellar from other albums, but couldn't remember which one they were since SOMEBODY deleted all my 4k or so songs that I downloaded. (yes I download - screw u)

20 YEARS OF CHAOS AND CONFUSION.